Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I found it!

AKghandi

Those General Grabber AT2s are the worst tire ever...Just kidding everyone calm down. They are amazing and for about $140 a tire you can't go wrong. I have the 4" lift and the 27/8.50R14s on my scooner and its a perfect combo no rubbing ever. They rock in the mud and snow and even just wet roads. Can't wait to see more pics!

So today i put on the new brakes, wheel cyl and changed the oil.. again. all i had lying around was 5w30 so it started leaking. i put 20w50 in and that should fix it.

also i got a second job. fixing subarus like mine and some other various cars. mostly subarus.

but i now have access to a full shop with tools and a welder and oh yeah a building full of subaru parts. woot woot!!

workin 2 jobs should yield alot of moneys for the roo

things are looking up. :)

i orederd a new micky gasket and a set of cam seals. i already have the pump shaft seal i just didnt put it on. this time im going to do all of it.

and if it still leaks then the lift and tires will be put on hold while i EJ it.

I'm also going to pull the other oil pump and see if theres maybe some more wear on one than the other

Edited by AKghandi

So today i pulled the car in the garage and crawled under it wiped eveything down and looked for leaks.

The oil pump leaks.

The drivers cam seal leaks A LOT

And i think the oil pan is leaking.

This car leaks more than any other car i have owned.

When my parts show up I'm going to pull the motor. Again. And make sure this turd stops leaking.

Would your old engine buck or jerk if you didn't rev it a fair amount?

If you still have minor to moderate leaks after you pull your engine and replace the gaskets and what not, try putting a couple bottles of STOPLEAK in your oil. I have had great results with it in my wagon thus far.

the engine would bog down at any rpm like it was running out of gas, i suspect it was the intake mani gaskets but i didnt check.

if all goes well i shouldnt need stop leak, though the oil stop leak made by blue devil works really well.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I finally had time to reseal the front of the engine, it was leaking really really bad.

the drivers side cam seal had blown out and it was leaving puddles.

got the new cam seals and oil pump gaskets on, all with a nice thin layer of anaerobic sealer.

doesn't seem to be leaking but its raining so its hard to tell. once it dries up I'll see if its still leaking or if some of the residual oil just dripped off.

also Pro Tip. when putting on the timing belts, line the pointer up with the far right of the 3 marks on the fly wheel. turn the cam back a bit from pointing up so the teeth line up, put the belt on and then turn the crank to the middle line and release the tensioner. this causes the drive side of the belt to tension while having the timing lined up perfectly.

car runs A LOT smoother now.

Edited by AKghandi

Well Today I got a lot done and i have no proof... my phone has been acting up.

first, i found my front lift blocks, 2 inch BOSS

second i got 4 matching wild country rvt radials 27"x8.50" r14 on the appropriate 6 lug rims. they have about 80% tread with studs..got a smoking deal at $50

third i lifted the rear with 4 runner struts and accord springs... stole them off my other wagon :P I could have used the rear lift brackets but i decided over load rear suspension would come in handy with my "expedition" type vehicle idea

for those who are interested this is what wild country rvt's look like

Tires_02a.jpg

aside from all that i did a bunch of work on my lifted wagon.. mainly front wheel bearings.. brass punch and hammer FTW

Edited by AKghandi

• 2 weeks later...

so the last couple days have been a bit busy.

first this i lifted the front, and put 3/4" spacers on the subframe. they are called shaft collars from ace. with a couple washers on either side.

pm5WuT.jpg

d2bpeg.jpg

Picked up a set of 5 of these rims with 4 matching tires and a same size odd ball spare

Acw6wx.jpg

these are exactly the rims i was looking for, perfect offset. there were off an isuzu pup.

qGtX6A.jpg

Edited by AKghandi

Yeah i wanted rims from a mazda or isuzu in 14". I think 14's looks best on these with the smaller tires. If i had 31s id go 15. With my other wagon andbthe 29s on 15's there isnt enough sidewall height. When i air down i bend the lip when i hit stuff

Edited by AKghandi