Ultimate Subaru Message Board

How to Disable Seatbelt Beeping Sound for 2014 Subaru Impreza?

Hi.  I recently got a new 2014 Subaru Impreza.  I've been wanting to disable the beeping sound that occurs when you're driving without the seatbelt fastened.  In the car's manual, it says that this can be taken care of at any authorized service center for Subaru.  However, I've visited a couple of Subaru service centers and apparently they're no longer permitted to disable this functionality.  I've also inquired about this with a few independent mechanics and have come up empty so far.  Any tips would be greatly appreciated!!!

Nope, thy just don't want to do it. I know on the older Legacys '05 and newer, you have to turn the key on, click the buckle in and out 20 times within 30 seconds of the key being turned on and then the key has to be turned back off within those 30 seconds. Not sure if it works on the new cars but worth a shot...

• Like 1

Turn the ignition key to on but DO NOT start the car.
Now buckle and unbuckle the drivers seatbelt
about ten or fifteen times QUICKLY and then turn the ignition key to
off. Now turn the key on and start the car as normal. If you were
successful as I was on my 05 OB, the chime will chime 5 times when you first turn the key to on and then stop. It will also disable the seatbelt warning for the passenger seat.