Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 inch ea81 lift help

Olyroller83GL

I am trying to install a 2 inch sjr body lift on ea81 wagon and I have a few questions. First, do I need to install new longer custom brake lines with this size of lift? Also, there was no bracket included to drop the rear diff, do I need one if it's only 2 inches? And lastly, where do these pieces go, are they used to drop the trans/T-case? Any help would be greatly appreciated

post-51017-0-39509300-1407010766_thumb.jpg

I just did a 2" lift on my brat but I only did the front. The brake lines on the front need to be rerouted so they don't go through the bracket on the strut. I believe the brackets pictured go furthest back on the front, near the leading rod. as for shift linkage I made a one inch bracket for where the gear shift linkage attaches to the body. The high/low selector i made a bracket to move it above the center tunnel, and over to the passenger about 1/2 an inch. I'm not sure how others have done it, perhaps someone has a good link. the only thing I had to lengthen was the steering shaft. I cut it in half and sleeved it with steel pipe and welded it. then for good measure I drilled a hole at both connections and used a bolt just in case my welds fail. Hope this helps, and sit down for a couple hours searching threads. I know this site can be a mess to search through but the information is there.

p.s. your strut spacers have a left and right side and sjr should be readable from the fender side. they should tuck in  \  /  not  /  \

They definitely can go in backwards. 

I have an idea. READ MORE.

I have an idea, share a link to a good thread of installing a 2" lift. Being the wealth of knowledge that you are.

I know your tired of seeing the same question over and over. You've been here longer than most, but when you see these noob threads, why bother clicking?

• Like 2

modifying ones car is becomes a real big safety issue without the willingness to figure it out. Instant gratification teaches nothing, and endangers the other people on the road that could care less about how cool a lifted wagon is.

At some point youve gotta get dirty yourself or youll hurt someone because you didnt. Preferably, before you spend a bunch of money on stuff you havent researched.

And most of all, everybody needs somebody to tell them that. The earlier the better.

• Like 4

Ya know. . .  I installed one of the first lifts ever in America for the ea81.   I figured it out.  It took me two days.  I wish that I could have had this forum to ask questions of folks who've done it before, I could have saved a lot of time and energy and head scratching.  By the time PK sent me the 4th or 5th kit, the instructions only said, "Just do it."

Old guys.  Try to be nicer to the new guys.   ;)

• Like 3

It took me a week with all of the  rusty bolts, improper tools, and shitty space. But I still got it done. I asked dumb questions too. And was told the same thing.

If he hasn't even looked under his car, he shouldna be doing this.I don't care what anyone says.

I am perfectly nice. All I said was READ MORE. 

cheers

• Like 1

Well, since you asked so nicely. I will tell. I think that people need to READ MORE about what they are planning to accomplish and make a plan. Not just jump willy nilly into a retarded venture that could end up hurting someone.

If he bough tthe kit form someone that did not give him instructions that is his bad. Maybe he should have READ MORE about it.

I just googled 2" ea81 lift. Never guess what the first codswalloping post was. FROM HERE!

SO, just sayin.

In closing, I would like to say that If I didna say something, noone would. There is no growth without grooming.

I have an idea, share a link to a good thread of installing a 2" lift. Being the wealth of knowledge that you are.
I know your tired of seeing the same question over and over. You've been here longer than most, but when you see these noob threads, why bother clicking

Edited by monstaru

Brain.. I just don't understand why you have to be a wongleflute.  If you don't have an answer, just skip on to the next thread and don't say anything.  How about that?  Seriously.

Yeah , I just don't care man. You think I am a wongleflute. I get that . SO what. It is not going to change me. I am me.

cheers.Seriously.

• Like 1

Yeah , I just don't care man. You think I am a wongleflute. I get that . SO what. It is not going to change me. I am me.

cheers.Seriously.

If you weren't a wongleflute what fun would that be? You speak the truth always and some people can't handle the truth. Don't change a thing.  :drunk:

Olyroller83GL...  I don't know squat about pre-EJ subies but there are lots of guys local to you that do. I know for a fact that if you show initiative by doing the research and then bribe them with barley pops you will get help sooner than later.  Since you bought an SJR lift you should first asked Scott in a PM. If he doesn't get back to you then let people know that when you post your question. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...