Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bushing questions

Battle Wagon

I just finished the " Forester lift " install with adj trailing arms, laterals, etc. tie rods, ball joints and brakes in my 93 L wgn. Awesome ride ! I was immediately disappointed though by a knocking sound from the right front corner and right underneath the passenger rear door. Upon inspection , the front control arm bushings are wasted and also the bushings under said door that support the subframe /crossmember about 10" in front of the rear end.

Dealer quoted about $240 for the control arm bushing set and $55 apiece for the crossmember bushings. Nope.

Found Whiteline WRX stuff from Rally sport direct but it's $107 just for the inner rear set and another $60 for the front inner set. Also, saw the warning...

http://www.rallysportdirect.com/Whiteline-W51710-Front-Lower-Control-Arm-Inner-Rear-Bushing

Wondering if the poly bushings will result in a harsh ride. Right now it rides really nice, even with no swaybars...

Anybody have experience or suggestions on this ? Cheaper sources...