Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi, I am a new Subaru owner of a 07 impreza 2.5i. I'm interested in doing some work to it to give it some more power and better handling and shifting. If like to know what are some good stuff to buy that are not too too expensive but still good quality. Also I would like to know how much performance tuning can I do to the engine power with out having to do internal motor work. Please give me any advice and pointers thank you.

The NA 07 ej25 has a monster intake, with an exhaust and tuning you could wake the motor up some. But it will not be as dramatic as turbo upgrades..

I think the most hp anyone has ever put down on an NA ej25 is around 300hp at the crank, but it cost $$$$$ to do (zzyzx motorsports circa 2005). It was super high compression, had a mustang throttle body, P&P everything, hot cams, and ran on race fuel.

As for handling and shifting; coilovers and a subaru short throw kit work wonders for the GD chassis/5mt. I don't recommend any of the aftermarket short throw kits. If you are doing autox, your first upgrade should be tires.

Edited by Ibreakstuff