Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Noisier-than-ever End Links!

I put a Tribeca front sway bar and some new eBay sourced Perrin end links on my '98 Fozzter. I thought these links were listed for 98 type chassis, but they were too wide to go in control arm bracket. I cut them down to fit. Seemed like it all lined up and fit pretty well, but once driving you can hear them pop loose as it flexes. I crammed some washers in between end link and bracket and tightened down. Seemed good for a minute but then making noise again. Is it just nature of these links? Should I try to get torqued down more? Wanna trade end links? What do you think?

post-52594-0-18993000-1407345734_thumb.jpg

Yeah! I just went out and tightened up sway bar end of links, and it was quiet. I thought for sure it was tight after running up with the impact, but not so much. So main problem was me being an idiot. But maybe I'll see if I can bore out that end link sleeve for larger bolt or shim the existing one up to hole diameter or something so it's not a recurring issue. Thanks