Ultimate Subaru Message Board

am i asking to much?

Honestly, think it's way over priced. I'd ask for maybe 2,500 obo. My .02 though, maybe you will get lucky.

really you think so because here where I live I just sold a 91 loyal push button 4 wheel drive wagon for 1300 dollars and we all know how rare an Rx is but thank you for your input

I guess, I mean I'm not familiar with your market but that's just the figure I popped in my head when I took a look. RX sedans are definitely a rare breed, but I just feel like our cars aren't really that valuable. Maybe you'll have the right person come by though and get 4,I certainly hope you do don't get me wrong lol.

For that kind of money id probably go for something like this though

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/147293-fs-91-loyale-wagon-ej-5sp-dr-five-lug/?do=findComment&comment=1242886

Either way, I wish you the best of luck with the sale!

Edited by l75eya

since (and purely because) you asked. Yes, you are over by around %50. first its an 86 turbo car, not the greatest MAF system in those. Second, for 4k it better have all the trim, all original paint, receipts, new h20 pump, belts, full overhaul and fresh pro detail job/perfect interior. yours is less than perfect, 4k usually means beautiful car with an ej installed correctly.

I would also be wary of comparing other car sales to that one. You got 1300 off your wagon for the same reason i got 1200 of a 88 wagon i cleaned up after rescuing fron snoqualmie. It was functional and not too ugly. 2k is about the best I would ever expect from any stock(ish) gen 3 soob. 13-1500 is usually the cealing.

True, that is a rare bird youve got there but let us not forget the difference between pride and price

It may be worth it to a buyer who is looking for that. But you may wait a looooong time before that buyer shows up.

Most people will see it as "an older subaru" and see it from the perspective of; is it reliable, good on gas, etc etc.

id see it as a good first car for a teen, and so wouldnt pay what you're asking.

So dont ask if its worth it...ask yourself how badly do you want to sell it?

Edited by spazomatic

I'm with everyone else, to fetch 4k would have to be near perfect. 

SoA bought that MINT 3 door for 5k recently, but it was all original with no rust and every panel fit perfectly. And the 3 doors are MUCH more rare; eg:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121358715287

Not knocking your car or trying to be harsh at all, I wish our cars value would sky rocket.

I could see a Brat in similar condition fetching 4k, that said you don't have a Brat. So it doesn't have the near cult-like following to help it's sale price. I'm going to have to agree with the general consensus here, $2500 max to someone who knows what it is and is actively looking for one.

I feel you could improve your prospects if you simply took the time to glue the body molding back on.  Also your CL pics show a drooping front bumper whereas your ones here show a shiny aligned bumper. First impressions are often the difference between a sale and a pass. Go look online at dealer lots hat are selling Loyales. Most have given them the spit shine.

You may be over on the price but your really only have to find one sucker uh er buyer, not 10. Clean it so it sparkles. No missing body panels, no misaligned panels no mismatched panels. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Honestly I love the gen 3 sedans almost as much as the gen 2s.  If I were in the market for one I would have a hard time with 2k with your CL pics.  If it were in really good shape (no major blemeshes or dents) and everything works with no rust I could probably 2.5 . To go more has been covered by other posters.

Good luck. 

yeah, with the rust and body damage, 4k is far too much, even for a northwest car. 

there are mint condition brat's going for 4-5k. 
i wouldnt expect too many people to come along for that car, especially for that price. 3k is more reasonable. 

Thank you to all of you I do appreciate your opinion

but I think all in all my price is set there so I can't sell it

I love the car too much to sell it.

I also thought that somebody would try to talk me down

On price but that hasn't happened.

So again thank you to all of you it's appreciated

I feel you could improve your prospects if you simply took the time to glue the body molding back on.  Also your CL pics show a drooping front bumper whereas your ones here show a shiny aligned bumper. First impressions are often the difference between a sale and a pass. Go look online at dealer lots hat are selling Loyales. Most have given them the spit shine.

You may be over on the price but your really only have to find one sucker uh er buyer, not 10. Clean it so it sparkles. No missing body panels, no misaligned panels no mismatched panels. Just my opinion.

You're right about the pics about the bumper it's because I had to change the 85 86

bumper was in pretty bad shape had to go with the 87 and up

And I'd also love to have that car! Does it have the checker board seats?

No the car does not have the checkered seats

and a buddy of mine has an 87 rx 2 door coupe

and his car does not have the checkered seats

what is up with that? I did though come across

A set of checkered bucket seats I just don't know

if I want to use them in my RX or

put them in my 280 ZX

Well, they'd bolt right in to the RX, however to put them in the nissan would take a lot of custom fab work and it'd be a shame to ruin a set of those seats as they are like unicorns in the wild... I wish I could come across a full interior of those cars. I LOVE those seats.

Nice, keep her! Sell those seats if you need to make a few bucks and if they are not original to your RX. Or keep them, they would look good in your car, for sure!

The checkered flag interior was early RX's, stopped/changed mid/late 1986. Please correct me if anyone knows more specific dates on the changes.

Both of my g56b RX's have hidious interiors. I think the blue GL10 coupe interior looks the best, but finding a mint one has proven to be a challenge. Until then its all gutted interiors for me, plus the car is noticeably lighter when fully gutted.

Edited by Ibreakstuff