Ultimate Subaru Message Board

HI from Scooby Newbie from QLD

Welllll, define "gentle"?

You can lift it, put bigger tires on it, engine swap it, lower it, put a kickin' stereo in it, there are lots of mods to be found on here :)

Feel free to browse the forums and search a little and maybe you'll get a little inspiration.

The only real  limits are your imagination, your budget and your wife's willingness to let you go so far...

Twitch

Chip Tuning + progressive suspension would be the start and the mrs will not notice to much of it. 

Power + Handling would be the gentlest mods. 

Alpine + Infinity speakers might go in next and this I cannot hide from the financier. 

Does any have any experience with V-Tech?

My one is a diesel and they show +28 power +67 Torque on the Outback which I think is the same thing like Ozzie Liberty aye..

Welllll, define "gentle"?

You can lift it, put bigger tires on it, engine swap it, lower it, put a kickin' stereo in it, there are lots of mods to be found on here :)

Feel free to browse the forums and search a little and maybe you'll get a little inspiration.

The only real  limits are your imagination, your budget and your wife's willingness to let you go so far...

Twitch

Chip Tuning + progressive suspension would be the start and the mrs will not notice to much of it. 

Power + Handling would be the gentlest mods. 

Alpine + Infinity speakers might go in next and this I cannot hide from the financier. 

Does any have any experience with V-Tech?

My one is a diesel and they show +28 power +67 Torque on the Outback which I think is the same thing like Ozzie Liberty aye..

Unfortunately we didn't get the diesel here in the US, so I have almost no knowledge on the engine itself, sorry.

And I know pretty much nothing about the management system Subaru has running on it, so V-Tech is out of my realm of expertise as well.

You may inquire of Phizinza and see if he has any useful knowledge for you, as I believe he is still down under :)

Our rally/race experts may be better at your suspension mod questions. Numchux, Suberdave, Turbone all have lots of knowledge with those sorts of goodies :)

As for stereo stuff, (something I actually know about) I highly recommend finding the right setup for the music you/your wife listens to.

The different materials and response of each component can make a huge difference in your listening experience.

So, what kind of music do you listen to?

Twitch

Unfortunately we didn't get the diesel here in the US, so I have almost no knowledge on the engine itself, sorry.

And I know pretty much nothing about the management system Subaru has running on it, so V-Tech is out of my realm of expertise as well.

You may inquire of Phizinza and see if he has any useful knowledge for you, as I believe he is still down under :)

Our rally/race experts may be better at your suspension mod questions. Numchux, Suberdave, Turbone all have lots of knowledge with those sorts of goodies :)

As for stereo stuff, (something I actually know about) I highly recommend finding the right setup for the music you/your wife listens to.

The different materials and response of each component can make a huge difference in your listening experience.

So, what kind of music do you listen to?

Twitch

I think I will give V-Tech a go. 

My wife likes sad music haha but I love my trance and classical music, bit of a weird mix. 

We got a subaru nav in this one with an old DVD in it. The nav is not to bad. 

Does anyone know where to get the new DVD from?