Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So this may not be the best place to post this but I need help on deciding if this legacy is worth the money. It is an 05 legacy gt limited auto trans. Yes its auto, can't afford a manuel at this time. But that aside here is a link to the Craigslist- added at the bottom of post. It currently has 191*** miles. Its a concern to me that it has so much. Dont want it to be a money pit reparing and replacing things. So i ask the amazing people of this subaru forum for help. Full details are on the ad. Any help would be helpful

adhttp://grandrapids.craigslist.org/cto/4610144857.html

post-54517-0-69589200-1407601620_thumb.jpg

post-54517-0-06346400-1407601632_thumb.jpg

post-54517-0-02436600-1407601640_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Honestly I think that is a pretty fair price.  I wouldn't have any problem jumping on.  The part that would worry me most is the tranny.  If he blew the stock turbo which is common he got very lucky that the engine didn't go also  could be a time bomb but IDK.  Engines are easy to come by and the turbo issue is literally a $10 fix and about a 5 minute job and has saved a lot of LGTs from dead turbos and motors.  Body is not my forte so I have nothing there.  I have a 05 LGT Here in running condition with high miles is still $8-10k

Sweet thanks for the a fast reply. I'm just worried about paying and then adding on another 1-2000 for a tranny. Now the engine is what you mean is a time bomb?

Honestly I think that is a pretty fair price.  I wouldn't have any problem jumping on.  The part that would worry me most is the tranny.  If he blew the stock turbo which is common he got very lucky that the engine didn't go also  could be a time bomb but IDK.  Engines are easy to come by and the turbo issue is literally a $10 fix and about a 5 minute job and has saved a lot of LGTs from dead turbos and motors.  Body is not my forte so I have nothing there.  I have a 05 LGT Here in running condition with high miles is still $8-10k

Yes the engine.  Make an appt to have it gone through. Take it somewhere that specializes in Subaru. With that many miles plus his upgrades and depending on the POs driving habits the tranny may be trouble. I would get it looked at before purchase.  If the car is your second or 3rd then go for it and make it a project just in case stuff happens. If this will be your only ride you might want to pass until you can afford something like this.. These are like women they can be high maintenance.