Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2wd rear backing plates on 4wd?

So I have everything for a rear disc swap for my loyale except the backing plates (someone robbed them before I could). I've been reading mixed posts about using 2wd backing plates and widening the center hole. Some say it can be done others say it can't. I just want a more definite answer on the topic. Thanks!

Yeah the 2wd version is the same as the 4wd other than the center bore.  I actually have a set that I was planning to post for sale, I just haven't gotten around to it.  $25 + shipping for the pair if you're interested.  I also have the hubs if you need them.

I would recommend taking the backing plates to a machine shop to have them open the bore to the correct diameter.  It would be a fairly simple thing for them to do, so it shouldn't cost too much, but I do not have a ball park figure for you.

Cool, thanks for the info guys!

Yeah the 2wd version is the same as the 4wd other than the center bore.  I actually have a set that I was planning to post for sale, I just haven't gotten around to it.  $25 + shipping for the pair if you're interested.  I also have the hubs if you need them.

I would recommend taking the backing plates to a machine shop to have them open the bore to the correct diameter.  It would be a fairly simple thing for them to do, so it shouldn't cost too much, but I do not have a ball park figure for you.

Are those backing plates fwd or 4wd? I'm definitely interested I want to get the last piece of the puzzle!