Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

instrument gauge cluster

gauge colors speedo cluster

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 tacotravis

tacotravis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Craigsville, VA

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

I have a 2002 outback and was wondering if any one knew of a company or place I can get colored gauge backgrounds for my Speedo and tach. Looking for a white or red. Just ordered colored leds for all the dash lights.

#2 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,083 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:28 PM

If you're just looking for the backgrounds whitegauges.com has them in white and several colors. The colors are more expensive though.

There are also reverse glow guages available if you look around.

#3 tacotravis

tacotravis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Craigsville, VA

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

The whitegauge.net gauges are cool but they are just stickers? Says to remove em you need a heat gun.

#4 tacotravis

tacotravis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Craigsville, VA

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

Bump?

#5 tacotravis

tacotravis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Craigsville, VA

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Nothing...

#6 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

I have a 2003 Guage cluster from an outback that is now white, I removed all the green from it. so it will be any color you want it to be with colored led's for dash lighting.

#7 tacotravis

tacotravis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Craigsville, VA

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:10 PM

Yeah my lights are LED red but the actual face I want to change from black to red.

#8 Mr. Carb

Mr. Carb

Weather Geek

• Members
  • 896 posts
  • Shoreline, WA

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:12 PM

Oh, gotchya.  When I did the back light conversion I found some sites that sold the faces, they kind of just slid over the top of the old faces though and would have a slit that you would have to hide to go around the needles without removing them.  Trust me, you don't want to remove those needles.

#9 tacotravis

tacotravis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Craigsville, VA

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

o removing the needle does not bother me one bit I changed the faces on a 99 Tacoma that I had. Speedo I used a speedo app on my phone to reset the needle. Once I set the speedo needle the tach was easy just get to a set speed and set the tach needle to the right rpms. Gas gauge just set back to what was there before and temp just run your vehicle warm put it where you know normal is.

#10 Ratpick

Ratpick

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Montrose, CA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

You could replace needles as described by tacotravis, but I'd suggest leaving them in place and using slits. There's chance to damage/ destroy movement (guts of gauge) pulling pointers. "Stickers" that go over your best bet. I work at a gauge restoration shop, and modern gauges like yours are tricky to mess with and don't offer much, if any, parts or service support. We don't even touch modern Japanese gauges.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gauge, colors, speedo, cluster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users