Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Assume this is for the "1988 Subaru GL Wagon 4WD" in your profile? How wide are the pugs? Any suspension mods other than a lift kit?

These are all things that will help the people here narrow down your choices I think. Where are you going to get the lift from? They probably have some recommendations on what to use too.

You can fit a 27" tire with a 2" lift without trimming the fenders. My buddy runs Genral Grabbers AT/2's and he loves them. Good in snow and offroad. But it all depends on what you can find in that 14" rim. Most tires shops with have a magazine for you to look at and show you what they can get.

You make sure these aren't the 390mm wheels? Because they made wheels both in metric and American. I saw a peugeot sedan off of Orient drive this weekend thinking i might score a set of 15 inch alloys because the car has sat since 96. Once i saw it had the 390's i left because im not going to pay 1500-2000 for a set of metric tires.