Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any WA members around Gig Harbor?

I honestly don't know much about WA other than the names of the larger cities.  Really have no clue where Gig Harbor is either, all I know is google says its a 25 hour drive from me lol.  I'm an east coaster (PA born and bred) stuck in the Midwest, and I miss my trees and mountains :D

Honestly from what I can tell, most of this board is made up of Washingtonians, which in a sense is a good thing if I do move there (a lot more parts for these cars than there are in Nebraska I'd imagine).  Main thing though I am wondering is how the job market is, cost of living/gas, etc around there (from a native's perspective).  Oh, and the availability of a Subaru club to socialize with :D  I have a buddy or 2 that live in Seattle area, and of course my gal in Gig Harbor, but short of that I don't know anyone out there...

One more question I have is, whereabouts do they run the forest rally every year, and how far is it from GH?

Edited by TheWanderer

awesome :)  So far the end destination is Renton or Winlock.  Found a couple places to rent that aren't terribly expensive and are more rustic than I currently am in.  The only other option on the table is a small cabin 5 min from Clear Lake, kinda centered between Sedro/Burlington/Mt. Vernon: http://skagit.craigslist.org/apa/4614928438.html  The house in Winlock I'm looking at would be equally awesome, has some acreage and I could set up my own garden.  I don't really want to be in a large city and would prefer being out in the mountains but could settle for suburbs if I had too (the house in Renton looks to be in the 'burbs)

• Like 1

Interesting choices.  Personally I wouldn't do Renton, although it depends on which neighborhood.  The spot in Clear Lake would be close to our core group of old school lifted guys. Winlock is very small.

If you thinking about Gig Harbor, that's not too bad as long as you're not crossing the bridge to Tacoma every day.  The Olympus rally is based out of Shelton. Olympusrally.com for me info on that one.

awesome :)  Not sure where we'll end up.  I'd love to have that cabin near clear lake but it may be too far north for me.  The one in Winlock would be my first choice, looks like a converted barn and is cheap (given what I see elsewhere out there).

Biggest thing for me is finding work immediately....

Whats the winter weather like out there?

Edited by TheWanderer