Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Re-drilling hubs to 4x110?

off road re drill wheels ea81

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 comatosellama

comatosellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Ann Arbor MI

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

I was thinking about redrilling my hubs to 4x110. I have a couple extra pairs of atv wheels, some are 4x156 and some are 4x110. Do you guys think it'd be anything near safe to try and do? I don't know how I'd go about doing it, I'm assuming in between the original studs? I'm a cheapo, I know, but this is a trail only rig so there isn't a dot worry or a rims blowing up worry, and I want to be able to use atv tires, I mean imagine having some black mamba tires on a brat!

Attached Files

#2 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,614 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

Ive been redrilling hubs to 4 x 100, works out fine

http://www.sjrlift.c...4-3mm-51-detail

#3 Loyale 2.7 Turbo

Loyale 2.7 Turbo

The Mighty "BumbleBeast"

• Members
  • 5,663 posts
  • Roatán, Honduras.

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:07 PM

Why change a Rare-to-find 4X140 Pattern to another rare-to-find- 4X110?

In my case, I redrilled the Hubs since year 1996, on my Subaru "BumbleBeast" from 4X140, to a more commercially available, 4X114.3 Pattern, and I run it like that since then, without issues; and that pattern gives you plenty of Rims to choose from. More info on my "BumbleBeast" Thread, clicking on my Signature.

Kind Regards.

#4 comatosellama

comatosellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Ann Arbor MI

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

Why change a Rare-to-find 4X140 Pattern to another rare-to-find- 4X110?

In my case, I redrilled the Hubs since year 1996, on my Subaru "BumbleBeast" from 4X140, to a more commercially available, 4X114.3 Pattern, and I run it like that since then, without issues; and that pattern gives you plenty of Rims to choose from. More info on my "BumbleBeast" Thread, clicking on my Signature.

Kind Regards.

I'm only using it for offroad, and I have a set of 4x110 rims and tires for my yamaha wolvie on hand, I overpaid for my brat in the first place, so being frugal is key. It'll never see anything besides 4lo and 1st, so I don't really have to worry about the saftey concerns of using atv/rzr stuff.

http://www.ultimates...rimstires-work/ post #4/#8

Just gotta run them at real high pressure

#5 LucasP

LucasP

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • Eugene

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:19 AM

I never redrilled hubs to go down to 4x110, but I did buy blank atv rims while I worked at motosuperstore and ran atv rims and tires on my old 83 wagon for 2 years without any problems.  I never took them on the freeway but I drove around on them everyday.  I jumped that thing and wheeled it really hard without any issues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: off road, re drill, wheels, ea81

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users