Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello from New Brunswick, Canada

Hi Mim,

Welcome to the forum!  Is this your first Subaru?  I just purchased my first Soob last week.  There is a lot of excellent advice on this forum, just use the search bar and you may find exactly what you need.  Be assured, there are some very friendly and knowledgeable people here!

If you search "What brand fluids?" you will learn a lot about what brand fluids are recommended by some veteran owners and when these fluids should be changed.  Also a note about the most common places where the Subaru will rust and advice on how to clean these areas. 

Do you plan on doing the maintenance yourself?

Best,

Pasta

Welcome! Rinse thoroughly ! Keep any mud and road grime off the underside and where there are holding spots like the fuel filler tube and behind the front fender tails where they meet the front doors. A good job is to take those lower bolts out and just gently flex the fender tail out while you hose our the build up. Similar routine for over the rear wheels with the plastic splash guards/wheel well protectors and any moldings.

It's the RUST that'll kill your Subaru early.

We're here to help with mechanical issues.

Good luck with it and enjoy the Board. I'm a bigger fan of Nova Scotia , but NB is nice and quiet. Cheers!

Paul