Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

4 inch lift

lift brat gen 2 ea81

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 comatosellama

comatosellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Ann Arbor MI

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

What do I need to do for a 4 inch lift to the steering shaft, shifter, and 4wd selector? Can I just take off my current steering linkage cut it in half and weld in some pipe? I'm doing 4 lift blocks all the way around, and then 4 inch strut spacers as well, with the offset. (I figure that will correct the front struts because if you don't you wouldn't get the lift and your cv axles would be pointing to the sky? Currently have a rather sketchy 2 inch lift in and would like to fix that. For the shifter do I just need to make it longer? and the 4wd selector is the one that's confusing me the most.

Thanks

#2 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

I've got 4" reinforced rear brackets for sale. 60$ plus shipping. Also got 2" front towers haha. Pm me if our interested.

Shifted will need to be extended and the linkage below will need to be lowered. Pretty simple one you get under it and starting figuring it out.

Stearing is done like you said, cut in half and weld less that what your dropping because its at an angle. I think my 3" drop wanted my steering to be extended at 2.5".

Prwa

Edited by Prwa101, 16 August 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#3 comatosellama

comatosellama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Ann Arbor MI

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Do you drop the front subframe?

#4 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 706 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

Anything over 2" of lift on the front struts needs the subframe dropped. So if you want to keep it stock axles angle. You'll go 4" on front struts and 4" subframe drop. Some people even drop the front an inch with a 2" lift so the angle isn't so hard on the axles

#5 Scott in Bellingham

Scott in Bellingham

Lets go wheelin!!

• Members
  • 3,614 posts
  • Bellingham

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

on a EA81 I do full body lift keeps all stock geometry , on the EA82 I do 1-2" over stock so
on a 4" lift its 3" body 1" suspension

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lift, brat, gen 2, ea81

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users