Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea82t lift kit

2 inch is the easy one.  strut blocks front and rear and 1"+ subframe drop unless you don't put enough miles on it to stress your axles (also possibly a steering extension depending on what you have).  I have a 2 inch without the sub drop and I have changed a ton of axles.  the axles themselves hold up well but the boots don't, even with the lower band loosened and moved up.

4 inch will need a lot more, lowering the rear end, perhaps changes in brake lines, steering extension for sure, engine cables and hoses, much more complicated on the blocks to stay away from the strut tower.  also bracing between some of the blocks to hold everything in place.

if your asking such a question id stick with a 2 inch unless its a wheeler only or fun car you don't need to get to work.

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome! / ¡Bienvenido!

My friends, how to drop the subframe for a 2" lift kit? ...

We use a Spacer for the Engine Crossmember, so it drops the Drivetrain, in order to keep the front Axles as straight as we could, otherwise the axles will wear 10X faster.

Post photos of your Colombian Subie, we love photos here.

Kind Regards.