Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

Poor Audio Quality when listening to radio

radio audio

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sambog

sambog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

I just bought a Crosstrek XV Hybrid over the weekend  and I enjoying it. I listen to both radio and music via Bluetooth. The audio quality via Bluetooth is amazing and very loud and clear. The audio quality via radio is horrible and very soft and full of static.

Does anyone has the same problem or is it just my car having the issue? I don't HD quality audio but it was horrible and not even close my old car.

Thanks and appreciate any advice.

#2 ezapar

ezapar

[OWB]

• 27,115 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

Maybe you're just in an area where there's bad reception.  

I've never heard of this happening other than for that reason.  I would call the dealership. . .

#3 sambog

sambog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA

Posted 20 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

Thanks, I will ask the dealership to check on it during my initial servicing.

#4 Ibreakstuff

Ibreakstuff

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • 421 posts
  • NorCal Transplant

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

Aftermarket head unit or all stock? It sounds like the fm antenna booster is not connected or is not working.

#5 elcuerno

elcuerno

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Jermyn Pa.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

Nope its not the radio. Its the programming of it.  Search for "Subaru Radio Hidden" on Youtube.  There are buttons to hold down that change the sound quality.  Not sure why Subaru did it this way. 

#6 sambog

sambog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

It is stock radio and I have tighten the antenna. I just saw the tips on YouTube to increase the sounds quality for radio and will give it a try.

#7 sambog

sambog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Santa Clara, CA

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:41 PM

I followed the instruction on YouTube to enable "Through Mode" and it sounded so much better. It cannot be the same as CD or BT audio quality but so so much better. So basically, if you don't want to watch the video, press key 1, 4 and audio button together to enable "through mode". It will appear on the screen. Turn it on and you will hear the different in audio quality.

#8 tominssti

tominssti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Riga, Latvia

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

It's strange that it's possible to chage sound qualiy like this. Why wouldn't it be on the best settings at the first place :huh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users