Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buying a used 03 WRX with a 04' front end conversion

Buying an 03' WRX as my first car can anyone help me out with what I should he be looking for when inspecting the car. I'm pretty mechanical inclined and know the basic of what I'm looking for, I just need a bit of help. The car has 117,000 km and and the exterior seems to be in good condition, it seems to good to be true for the age but who knows. The owner is fine with having the car inspected as he is doing it himself the day before I see it and the same shop I planned on taking it to before buying it, I'm willing to pay the extra money to have it inspected again, worth it or no? Anyway just leave what you think would Ben best for me to check before having it inspected again or not, thanks! Here the ad with a couple pics if it helps: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mississauga-peel-region/2003-subaru-wrx-awd-stage-2-tune-price-lowered-need-to-sell/604846559?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Modified wrx's can be a risk, I wouldn't even test drive it until they showed me the results of a compression/leakdown test. Also find out who tuned it, tactrix cable means open source... Easy to pop the ringlands or cause damage elsewhere with a bad tune. Ask me how I know.

img0229xr.jpg