Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 Brat Headlight or headlights?

i purchased a 79 Brat about a month ago and im a little confused on the healights. It has the two headlight grill and they work on low beam but not high beam. What is strange is that there is four headlight plugs but only two healights. are these the wrong headlights. the grill seems stock since it matches the the headlight cutout in the body below it and the four headlight design is stright across.

post-54663-0-64676500-1408552677_thumb.jpg

They only made one harness for both the gl and dl models. You have a dl so you only have 2 head lights instead of the four that came with the gl models. If you want you can swap over gl head light buckets, 4 head lights, and a gl grill to have 4 lights. Your problem is a bad connection from the head light switch connector most likely.

I had the same issue and had a dirty switch, dirty fuses, AND blown bulbs on my 4 headlight GL. 

If you want 4 headlights I have the buckets/brackets and grille...

i have the grill, guy i got it from gave me three extra and one was the 4 headlight, i would just need the buckets and brackets but havnt decided which looks better