Ultimate Subaru Message Board

98 outback lift parts on a 04 lego

ferp420

we are giving up on our outback wagon needs to much work to make.it reliably do a 120 mile comute every day so we are looking at a 04 lego my question is can i use the bodylift componites from the 98 on the 04 im sure all the spacers will work but what about the trailing arm brackets i havent been able to get the 2 side by side to check for my self if not how imterchangable are the 04s and the 05 i.have a freind who slamed his outback xt will his old struts and springs work on the 04 and since he slamed it it dosent need a body lift kit will that fit then 04 lego i would rather use the parts off of the 98 though because its more than likely going to be parted out anyway

Fronts you can use "outback" parts from 96-2004......and possibly the 05+ stuff but the front strut mount to knickle may be different.

Rear shocks/coilovers from the 05 outback XT will work on your 04......but anything 99 or earlier will be WAAAAY different in the rear.

we will most likely buy new struts front and rear we already have the springs from the 05 this car will never be used off road just driven on back roads that are poorly maintained atleast twice a day and the extra ground clearance would save the under belly