Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Anderson Design & Fabrication

Prwa101

Righteous work here, and happy customers. Is the cross member drop necessary on an ea82 2" lift? Would you offer a discounted price for just the front lift if I were to plan on lifting the rear with different coil ssprings/shocks?

And finally if I use your complete lift (front and rear) with cross member drop, that's going to keep my front axle angle closer to stock but what about my rear axles?

Thanks! Interested..

Righteous work here, and happy customers. Is the cross member drop necessary on an ea82 2" lift? Would you offer a discounted price for just the front lift if I were to plan on lifting the rear with different coil ssprings/shocks?

And finally if I use your complete lift (front and rear) with cross member drop, that's going to keep my front axle angle closer to stock but what about my rear axles?

Thanks! Interested..

Thats my goal! I personally wouldnt say its not necessary, as long as you dont mind changing axles frequently? haha. Jean the camo wagon on here blew both of his out the other day, blowing by a Prius doing 80 haha. he only has the 2" suspension lift.

I could do that, 100$ shipped for the front blocks. But what rear suspension are you planning on running? If you running accord springs, you will lose uptravle in your rear because the shock is maxed out and wont compress as much. If you want to improve your ride quality, i would highly suggest getting a set of king springs for there car and installing a full 2" lift. The photo of the white wagon on here has the same build and can go places where lifted rigs cant get. On top of king springs being amazing!

The front will only be 1/2" off stock axle geometry with the full drop. The rear axles only travel in the Y direction (up and down), the front travel in both X and Y (up down, left right.) The front axles take a lot more stress because there under more loads and stress causing them to go out more frequently. As far as the rear 2" dosnt affect them at all, ive seen people run 4" and only time they had any problems was only under full exstention and pulled the CV out of its cups. and the other time i saw one break he was bulling a fordranger out of a hole going full bore on a 3" in the rear, and broke the main shaft in half.

No problem at all! Its my pleasure!  

Patrick

Sounds good. King springs, just stiffer than stock? I'd read about having to extend steering linkage when lifting before, is that necessary?

Any threads you can point me in the direction of that document the sub frame drop install? Appreciate your time. Interested.

King springs are stiffer and have a higher load cappasity than stock. You'd have to run them to know, you'd never go back though there's pretty amazing springs.

Yes, if you do th 1.5" subframe drop you will need to extend your steering shaft. Or find a 90-94 legecey in a junk yard and grab one off of that.

With all my kits send a PDF Of detailed instructions for installation which includes the subframe drop.

Happy to answer any more questions! :)

King springs are here, http://www.get-primitive.com/

Patrick

Edited by Prwa101
  • Like 1

Patrick any chance you could send me the PDF you have made for installation of the 2" lift and x member drop so I can review installation? I'll pm you my email address. Thank you

Patrick, any chance you could just post a link then you wouldn't have to send it individually to everyone who asks. Most manufacturers make their manuals available online in pdf form these days anyway.

it s

Patrick, any chance you could just post a link then you wouldn't have to send it individually to everyone who asks. Most manufacturers make their manuals available online in pdf form these days anyway.

sounds like you want his blueprints so you can make it your self . these kits are way over kill on thickness dont think there should be any concerns

This is understandable, I updated my Specs on my first post. As far as photos of my welds the next set i made ill post pictures. The kits i already have made are painted so the next set i make ill be sure to post pictures for anyone who's wondering how good i weld, and get penetration to the max. But i can insure you that my kits are build for what ever you can throw at them. I weld my strut tops all the way around the tube, unlike others, (excepts around the bolt holes so you can install the nut better).

As far as posting my PDF of my install, im working on my web site to have it on there for accsess. But for now i prefer to send them out with each kit along with the invoice.

If you have anymore questions feel free to ask,

Patrick

Edited by Prwa101
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have a couple questions sorry if they been answered or asked a million times..

I have a canada ver. 1992 Loyale with the push button awd set up...

I want to buy your lift it 2" kit ... do I need to drop the rest of the stuff to make it work best ?...

I have not decide on which motor swap or transmission comb I will use yet 2004 2.5NA Outback with 5MT or JDM V9 STi 6MT... but will the push button awd handle up well to what I am doing if I use these motors and the adapter plate ?  

I have a couple questions sorry if they been answered or asked a million times..

I have a canada ver. 1992 Loyale with the push button awd set up...

I want to buy your lift it 2" kit ... do I need to drop the rest of the stuff to make it work best ?...

I have not decide on which motor swap or transmission comb I will use yet 2004 2.5NA Outback with 5MT or JDM V9 STi 6MT... but will the push button awd handle up well to what I am doing if I use these motors and the adapter plate ?  

Hey Nico! Nah no problem!

Well if your waning more of a daily driver dropping the subframe 1.5" would make it much wasyer on your axels and make it easier on you because you dont have to replace them as often.

As far as your swap ive seen them hold up good aginst 2.5's, but it really depends on how and whos driving the car that makes the diffrence.

Patrick

• Like 1

Hey Nico! Nah no problem!

Well if your waning more of a daily driver dropping the subframe 1.5" would make it much wasyer on your axels and make it easier on you because you dont have to replace them as often.

As far as your swap ive seen them hold up good aginst 2.5's, but it really depends on how and whos driving the car that makes the diffrence.

Patrick

thanks for the reply ill let you know what I decide on the project once I strip the undercarriage apart..
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks man! Glad it worked for you! Still see you roiling around every once in a while! Largest OBS in sandy for sure!

This guy builds some good stuff, he custom built my 2" drop spacers for my trailing arm bracket for my Impreza build. Im extremely happy with them.

Prwa I have questions for you...

Has any one ever lifted just the front on an ea81? My brat has a pretty hefty "rake" ide like it level. Tho I could probably do this myself your work looks pretty clean. Any pics of the 2" ea81 kit? Does the kit work for the automatic ea81s? IIRC theres a couple extra bolts that need spaced for the auto cross-member. Whats your turn around time on these?

• Like 1

So your sagging in the front? If you looking to fix that I prolly would just replace the struts if they haven't been done yet.

Haven't ever had to lift just the front. All it would do is lift the body off the subframe. I do believe the auto have an Exstra 4 bolts on the rear of the tranny. Turn around time is about a week-2 weeks depending on work load.

Prwa I have questions for you...

Has any one ever lifted just the front on an ea81? My brat has a pretty hefty "rake" ide like it level. Tho I could probably do this myself your work looks pretty clean. Any pics of the 2" ea81 kit? Does the kit work for the automatic ea81s? IIRC theres a couple extra bolts that need spaced for the auto cross-member. Whats your turn around time on these?