Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Needed - 92 Loyale Wheel Hub ..

EA82 Hub

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 GorgeSuby

GorgeSuby

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Hood River, Oregon

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

Need a new Hub for my 92 4wd Loyal front right ... new is $$$! anyone have a decent used one near Portland?

Also just did my Wheel bearing & noticed splines were worn but thought it would be ok so, when I put it in gear leaving work & heard the noise I was pretty sure what happened... so, since splines are stripped in the current hub & had to limp home in 4wd. Seemed to drive fine..... any harm in driving it this way?

Edited by GorgeSuby, 24 August 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#2 joe5

joe5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Corvallis Oregon

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

There is a guy in beaverton parting out a 1990 ea82 car. I got some parts last week and the front hubs were still there. the prices were definantly right too, definantly cheaper than you'll get at a junk yard. There were lots of good parts left including axles and bearings if you wanna pick those up too. here's the link. Good luck finding your parts!

http://portland.crai...4601440696.html

#3 GorgeSuby

GorgeSuby

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Hood River, Oregon

Posted 25 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

Thanks Joe, I'll check it out .... what do you guys think about driving it in 4wd till I can get the parts?

#4 Skysm182

Skysm182

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • UTAH

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

Never drive in 4wd on concrete. Only loose soil, rocks, or snow. Or else you will bind up the rear differential.

#5 GorgeSuby

GorgeSuby

New User

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • Hood River, Oregon

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

Thanks! Wasn't sure how much slip was built in - guess not like an AWD ..

#6 joe5

joe5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts
  • Corvallis Oregon

Posted 25 August 2014 - 01:15 PM

If your really in a pinch, you can pop out one of your rear axles, put it in 4WD and just be getting drive from the other side. Its super easy too, just punch out 2 spring pins and your ready to roll. Not that you'd wanna do that for a long time though...but a quick and easy way to get down the road without causing damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users