Ultimate Subaru Message Board

1979 brat parts

I just bought 79 brat. It's in pretty rough condition I'd like to know of anywhere I can get front quarter panels, tailgate, door panels. And any must do to these things. Power train wise it has a ton of slack in the shifter is this normal and is there a fix?

well iv decided to go the custom build route. i love the brat body and design but that little ea71 1.6l is just not enough. I'm going to sell my ea71, trans and rear end.  motor runs great with a little tune up and carb adjustment id put it back in and run it. trans and rear end are good to clutch i can't say my cable is no good. i can send pictures and even a video of the motor running if anyone is interested. e mail me at caleb_smith55@yahoo.com or just message me. 

I could for sure. But I'm not sure you'll be happy with it it's been sitting 4 years. Like I said previously the motor runs and carb works but you may need to put a gasket kit in it. Bratrod if you still want it let me know

On another note does anyone know where to get a seal for the sun roof or how to seal it up.