Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1979 brat parts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brataround

Brataround

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Bigspring Texas

Posted 24 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

I just bought 79 brat. It's in pretty rough condition I'd like to know of anywhere I can get front quarter panels, tailgate, door panels. And any must do to these things. Power train wise it has a ton of slack in the shifter is this normal and is there a fix?

#2 G14 James

G14 James

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Tampa, Florida

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:37 PM

i have a 79, heard the slack is normal. Mine has alot. not sure on body panels

#3 Subieguy

Subieguy

Subaru on the brain!

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Paso Robles, California

Posted 25 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Parts car is your best bet. That or lots of patience. The parts pop up once in a while.

#4 Brataround

Brataround

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Bigspring Texas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:31 PM

well iv decided to go the custom build route. i love the brat body and design but that little ea71 1.6l is just not enough. I'm going to sell my ea71, trans and rear end.  motor runs great with a little tune up and carb adjustment id put it back in and run it. trans and rear end are good to clutch i can't say my cable is no good. i can send pictures and even a video of the motor running if anyone is interested. e mail me at caleb_smith55@yahoo.com or just message me. 

#5 Bratrod1994

Bratrod1994

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Audubon Iowa

Posted 30 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

Any interest in just selling the carburetor? Mine is definately not preforming up to par.

#6 Brataround

Brataround

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Bigspring Texas

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:57 AM

I could for sure. But I'm not sure you'll be happy with it it's been sitting 4 years. Like I said previously the motor runs and carb works but you may need to put a gasket kit in it. Bratrod if you still want it let me know

On another note does anyone know where to get a seal for the sun roof or how to seal it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users