Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I have 2002 2.5RS and there are a few problems

1. The ABS Light is on and ABS is not functional at all what could it be?

2. Check engine is on and I can't run a code because there seems to be a short somewhere. I took it to autozone and when the code reader was connected to the OBD-II slot it wouldn't even power the reader. There are 2 exposed wires under my dash next to the green test plug. Maybe that is the issue but I can't find where they go.

The Engine seems to run really smooth no knocks or anything. I suspect it is a fault with the gas cap. 

Please HELP!!!  :o

Thanks!

post-54760-0-49231100-1409065907_thumb.jpg

One of the common sources of ABS problems are wheel speed sensors..., but it's impossible to tell without getting a code/looking the vehicle over.

Also, I believe you should unplug your test plugs.... they're meant to be disconnected while doing regular driving.

The Green connectors should be UNPLUGGED. They put the ECU in test mode when they're connected and will light the CEL and cause other issues.

The two exposed pins are ground pins for testing the other modules (ABS, TCU, TCS, etc.) for codes.

The ABS codes can be read by plugging one of those into a pin in the black 6 pin connector right next to them. I don't know exactly which pin it is on an 02. Find a Factory Service manual for that year and it will have instructions.

• Like 1