Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Problems with my 2002 2.5RS

Impreza 2002 2.5RS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Allen248

Allen248

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • United States

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:13 AM

I have 2002 2.5RS and there are a few problems

1. The ABS Light is on and ABS is not functional at all what could it be?

2. Check engine is on and I can't run a code because there seems to be a short somewhere. I took it to autozone and when the code reader was connected to the OBD-II slot it wouldn't even power the reader. There are 2 exposed wires under my dash next to the green test plug. Maybe that is the issue but I can't find where they go.

The Engine seems to run really smooth no knocks or anything. I suspect it is a fault with the gas cap. 

Please HELP!!!  :o

Thanks!

Attached Files

#2 belacane

belacane

USMB Regular

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • New Orleans, LA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

One of the common sources of ABS problems are wheel speed sensors..., but it's impossible to tell without getting a code/looking the vehicle over.

Also, I believe you should unplug your test plugs.... they're meant to be disconnected while doing regular driving.

#3 Fairtax4me

Fairtax4me

Su bah roo'n

• Gold Subscribers
  • 9,100 posts
  • Charlottesburg, VA

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

The Green connectors should be UNPLUGGED. They put the ECU in test mode when they're connected and will light the CEL and cause other issues.

The two exposed pins are ground pins for testing the other modules (ABS, TCU, TCS, etc.) for codes.
The ABS codes can be read by plugging one of those into a pin in the black 6 pin connector right next to them. I don't know exactly which pin it is on an 02. Find a Factory Service manual for that year and it will have instructions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Impreza, 2002, 2.5RS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users