Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Lift install

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:54 AM

I did this a while back but thought it might help folks out to post this. After living without a lift for far too many years I finally installed one. The problem was that I needed one that would totally disappear and would not have posts in the way. The practical choice was a Bendpak scissor lift that met all my needs but one, some of my cars are too low to pull up on it in the collapsed position. I had to make a mini pit in my garage floor to install it in, the pictures tell the story. I have done work on all my cars using it and I don't know how I ever went without it. 

Attached Files

#2 Ibreakstuff

Ibreakstuff

USMB Regular

• Gold Subscribers
  • 496 posts
  • NorCal Transplant

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:13 AM

Backsaver 9000, I like it.

How much did that set you back? I know they are getting more affordable.

#3 subarubrat

subarubrat

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,252 posts
  • Bealeton, VA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

Right at $1900. for the lift, and about $300 for saw rental, concrete, etc. It has paid for itself several times over. I just had a set of motor mounts fail that can only really be done on a lift, motor mounts were $380 for the set, dealer charges $400 each and install would have been about $2000. That one alone paid for the lift. I also put it on a dedicated breaker just to prevent tripping it in mid lift if something else was on that circuit.

#4 Olnick

Olnick

Ol' Subaru Guy

• Members
  • 2,643 posts
  • Honolulu HI

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

What a dream!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users