Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Factory CD Player for 1995 Legacy

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jstnvndn

jstnvndn

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • winnipeg

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:03 PM

Does anyone have the factory CD player for the 95 Legacy? I have the radio AM/FM part, but I have no CD player. I would appreciate it if someone had a good working player for a reasonable price.

Thanks

#2 Tiny Clark

Tiny Clark

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Germany

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:24 AM

Why put an older CD player in your car when a new one doesn't cost that much, and will have more power and features?

Tiny

#3 jstnvndn

jstnvndn

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • winnipeg

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:10 AM

I like the stock look,

#4 Tiny Clark

Tiny Clark

Certified Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • Germany

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:49 AM

I do too, in a classic Mustang, Camaro, etc...

I just think you're taking a chance with burned out display lights, weak isolation dampeners for the CD player, and on and on.

#5 teppichkopf

teppichkopf

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Seattle

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:20 AM

Get a new cd player. Putting a 10 year old cd player in a car isn't the way to go. You might not have the "stock look" but at least you'll have dependable music.

#6 howards11

howards11

2000 Forester L

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • PHL

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:26 AM

I agree with getting a new radio. It makes no sense to keep your current setup and get a "factory" cd player. I replaced the factory AM/FM cassette radio with a Pioneer CD. It works fantastic ! I'm about ready to replace the front speakers.

~Howard
:banana:

#7 Storm

Storm

USMB is life!

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • NEOhio

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:20 PM

I have a stock radio and seperate CD player out of a 98RS that you can buy together. They worked fine before removal. We decided to put in a stock WRX 6disc indash unit that some kid took out in favor of a Kenwood or something......

Make an offer on the CD player......

#8 jstnvndn

jstnvndn

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • winnipeg

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:43 PM

so this stock cd player will fit the plug in the back of the radio I have in my 1995 Legacy LS?

If so, and the unit is in perfect working condition with no scratches or busted buttons, I will offer you $40.00 canadian plus shipping for the player.

#9 KDUB

KDUB

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • NorthEast Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2004 - 06:57 AM

Guess I jumped on this thread late-didn't want to step on toes-
I am also looking for a factory stock cd player. My reason? Unless you go
sat'lite or uber high end with the vidgame pinball displays the radio section on most after market gear sucks.I'm talking pioneer sony blau ect. Live in ruraul N.E.K.VT. and you need a good reciever to pickup anything other than the local kicker station. Need the rad to get VPR, and CKUT (90.3) out of Montrebec -I think they stream -good station.
thanx,
kdub

#10 jstnvndn

jstnvndn

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • winnipeg

Posted 16 May 2004 - 02:42 PM

well, after an overwhelming stint at trying to get my hands on a factory CD player for a decent price, I have opted into a brand new JVC KDS-890 MP3 player for the legacy. It seems everyone wants to dis the factory setup until it comes time to sell one, then everyone seems to think they are actually worth something. I mean, these setups are going for over 100 US dollars on Ebay!

Was up with that?

Anyway, I have a player now, and it works great, sounds great with the aftermarket speakers, but now I just can't get over the display, it seems you really cannot get a decent player for around 200 bucks without either red or blue lights, flashing around like 1990's nintendo game. Ah, I guess that is the trend.

Try putting an aftermarket player in the console of the 2005 forester or outback! Now there is a challenge to make it look good.

Thanks for the reply's in the meantime, happy driving!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users