Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Factory CD Player for 1995 Legacy

I agree with getting a new radio. It makes no sense to keep your current setup and get a "factory" cd player. I replaced the factory AM/FM cassette radio with a Pioneer CD. It works fantastic ! I'm about ready to replace the front speakers.

~Howard

:banana:

I have a stock radio and seperate CD player out of a 98RS that you can buy together. They worked fine before removal. We decided to put in a stock WRX 6disc indash unit that some kid took out in favor of a Kenwood or something......

Make an offer on the CD player......

so this stock cd player will fit the plug in the back of the radio I have in my 1995 Legacy LS?

If so, and the unit is in perfect working condition with no scratches or busted buttons, I will offer you $40.00 canadian plus shipping for the player.

Guess I jumped on this thread late-didn't want to step on toes-

I am also looking for a factory stock cd player. My reason? Unless you go

sat'lite or uber high end with the vidgame pinball displays the radio section on most after market gear sucks.I'm talking pioneer sony blau ect. Live in ruraul N.E.K.VT. and you need a good reciever to pickup anything other than the local kicker station. Need the rad to get VPR, and CKUT (90.3) out of Montrebec -I think they stream -good station.

thanx,

kdub

well, after an overwhelming stint at trying to get my hands on a factory CD player for a decent price, I have opted into a brand new JVC KDS-890 MP3 player for the legacy. It seems everyone wants to dis the factory setup until it comes time to sell one, then everyone seems to think they are actually worth something. I mean, these setups are going for over 100 US dollars on Ebay!

Was up with that?

Anyway, I have a player now, and it works great, sounds great with the aftermarket speakers, but now I just can't get over the display, it seems you really cannot get a decent player for around 200 bucks without either red or blue lights, flashing around like 1990's nintendo game. Ah, I guess that is the trend.

Try putting an aftermarket player in the console of the 2005 forester or outback! Now there is a challenge to make it look good.

Thanks for the reply's in the meantime, happy driving!