Ultimate Subaru Message Board

carnage pics

ferp420

i was serching around and found a very old pics thread of parts broken offroad u thought since this section of the forum is so slow i think its time for a new carnage / trail fix thread alittle who when where and why would be cool to 20140316_111021_zps947ed806.jpg

side wall banger nothin a few tire plugs couldent fix

20140316_081320_zps0cd56fac.jpg

bent rim nothin a bfh cant handle amazingly enuff it held air after i straitend it all happend at the carnagie ohv park

IMAG0567_zps9a0ca2f1.jpg

IMAG0568_zps69950945.jpg

IMAG0575_zpsc786c28b.jpg

IMAG0576_zps24347975.jpg

IMAG0578_zpsd67518f0.jpg

i riped my bumper apart pulling a stuck jeep out of the sand i just bent it back the best i could and straped it up till i got home then i reinforced it

heres the vidieo of me breaking the bumper

there are of course the many many broken axels but we all know what they look like

That trailer hitch setup, both in the position of the metal as well as the welds was just asking for trouble. Good thing it failed when it did and not when you tried to actually tow something with it. :blink:

Not trying to be snarky, but people can get hurt over stuff like that. I know I'd be royally ticked if a trailer got away and caused an accident and I see something like that as the cause. Not sure what the limiting factor is - whether you need a better welder or some more time and know how on how to do it right, but hope it gave you some first hand knowledge on how not to do it.

Get some good welds for it next time and plate the top or bottom or both and get some overlap. That steel should bend long before it breaks. :eek:

Sad day on the hatch. Looks like it did it's job and kept people on the inside safe though.

Edited by AdventureSubaru
  • Like 2

that hatch came off a trailer w/o a motor in it iirc

Yep, an old camp trailer converted into a flatbed that I got as part of a trade from a friend,that needs some serious structural reinforcements.The trailer flexed and bounced on a rough road until eventually the straps holding the hatch to the trailer came undone.The last strap holding it in place fell off at the bottom of a hill so as I straightened out the hatch rolled off the back of the trailer.So now I have a new project and that trailer will get some serious modifications before I tow with it again.

Edited by Uberoo

That trailer hitch setup, both in the position of the metal as well as the welds was just asking for trouble. Good thing it failed when it did and not when you tried to actually tow something with it. :blink:

Not trying to be snarky, but people can get hurt over stuff like that. I know I'd be royally ticked if a trailer got away and caused an accident and I see something like that as the cause. Not sure what the limiting factor is - whether you need a better welder or some more time and know how on how to do it right, but hope it gave you some first hand knowledge on how not to do it.

Get some good welds for it next time and plate the top or bottom or both and get some overlap. That steel should bend long before it breaks. :eek:

Sad day on the hatch. Looks like it did it's job and kept people on the inside safe though.

so are you saying you want a cookie 

i know what he is saying but this isent the right thread to talk isht if you want to talk isht direct it to my buildish thread please most of the isht has allready been addressed

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/142612-insperation-moves-me-brightly/

besides pulling twice the little subys wait at a run and yes it did break but even after the break it was still pulling on the heep and dident pull off the rig so even if it did have a trailer on it even if that trailer was twice the waight of the car it still wouldent have let loose and if all the bolts where put in it wouldent have broke or bent and the although the welds did suck the metel failed around the outside edges of the welds the metel is very thin and the car isent rated to tow here in the us the brakes arent up to stoping anything more than the car itself so basicly the isent capable of towing anything heavy enuff to break the hitch but thanks for your consern please stay on topic this is saposed to be a picture thread not wong fest thanks oh and yes it was reinforced with 1/4 plate now but still dosent have any bolts in the bracing and seems to be working just fine no it still cant tow hardly anything but moving trailers around the yard and shop any faster than say 5mph and its not safe to tow with unless its like trash cans maybe a dirtbike or something small and light

trust me, if I really wanted to talk shitt I would. Besides, with your comment to his (Adventuresubaru)statements being so kind, I thought it was that kind of party.

Fact is, if you had better welds, tha would not have happened. Hence not really carnage. Because I too have had shitty welds, and have but only pARTIALLY removed a bumper from my mistake. I would like to believe I learned from that mistake.I was Getting pulled out at like show #8.Hood River, Oregon. Same show Kens Daughter Jamie roasted something on his car and he had to bail to get a trailer.

just saying.

SLIGHTLY CRITICIZING YOUR WORK IS THE ONLY WAY TO MAKE YOU BETTER.wether you like it or not.LOL

CHEERS, or not. :)

Edited by monstaru
  • Like 2

thanks yo your right and adventure subaru is right to but i will point out the bumper broke wheelin there is video of it happening there for it is wheelin carnage just as the rig coming off the trailer on the way home from wheelin is wheelin carnage because it all centers around wheelin

• 1 month later...

One of the very first times offroad with the Legacy and I do this. Limped off the mountain with a donut to a gas station with air, and beat the rim back to shape with my BFH, filled it up and headed back to the hills.

lolopass011.jpg

This happened when another member and I went exploring after one of the forest clean-ups we organized with the Forest Service

oilpan001.jpg

Tore the rear bumper off on the first group trip I attended, organized by Scooby, we headed through TSF to Sand Lake

everything145.jpg

The bumper would not be the only damage I receive that trip.

Sandlake096.jpg

And this was accomplished from sliding through a turn, over a culvert hole/ditch into a large rock

1018091209a-1.jpg

1018091629.jpg