Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK, I keep hearing about mods

I know about the 6lug conversion (thanks matt) and I know I can swap out the front 2wd struts with 4wd struts (I still need to get a 4wd rear axle tube put in so I can control the rear height as well). I know I installed a higher torque camshaft.

What other mods are there?

What mods can I do on a shoestring budget?

Alex

OK, so far two mods that have two small probs, 5-speed would be great but, its a ain in the rump roast to drive a manual with one foot (try it sometime, interesting challenge), and how much is a weber?

Alex

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=16185

Do a search for "webber 32/36" there's tons of info.

Might get more results with "WeBer" although "webber" seems to be a common mis-spelling on here so you'd prolly get some results with either one.

I have a weber on my 82 4x4 sedan, definately opened it up quite a bit, however I do need to re-jet it, as it came off of a 22R.

And don't gut your cat, replace it with a piece of pipe. Gutting the cat leaves a hollow chamber that builds turbulence, creating probably just as much restriction as the cat did.

Getting a custom bent exhaust system done is fairly easy on the wallet, atleast around these parts. Most places will install the muffler(s) of choice that you bring in with the vehicle. I've had a couple of them done over the years, price ranged from $130-$175, depending on number of bends.

Built my own 2" true duals for the '82, total cost was just over $70.00. Pipes were free, just had to get mufflers, hangers and clamps.