Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

loyale tire size

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 redloyale

redloyale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Happy Valley ,Oregon

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:40 AM

I'm putting a 4" lift on my loyale. It has a three speed auto for now. If I put 235/75r15 mud terrain on it , will it be driveable as far as power goes. I'm hoping someone has first hand experience with this combo. Thank you for the help.

#2 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 738 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Who's 4" lift are you putting on? I fit 235/75/15 with minimal trimming, if any at all.

https://m.facebook.c...2977704910&_rdr

Happy valley is a good area! I'm in sandy! We need to get that thing lifted so we can wheel!!
Prwa

#3 redloyale

redloyale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Happy Valley ,Oregon

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Sjr
I'm not asking about clearance. I'm asking about power.
With three speed auto. Will it be able to pull hills on hwy?

#4 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 738 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:32 PM

With the stock ea82 and an auto and 235/75/15... It'll role down hill pretty good. Haha. It'll be slow though.

Prwa

#5 redloyale

redloyale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Happy Valley ,Oregon

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

Its already slow with stock size tires. we want to be able to go up and play in the snow. Just want to know if i'll be able to pull the road up hood with out holding up all the traffic or smoking the transmission. we'll get together and go to the mountain as soon as I get it put together.

#6 Prwa101

Prwa101

Subaru Fanatic!

• Members
  • 738 posts
  • Sandy, OR

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:47 PM

Yeah it will prolly chug along slowly. I've heard those trannys arnt terribly reliable though. Might wanna think about doing a 5 speed/DR swap in the near future. And even then the ea82's just arnt strong enough. Nick's build on here runs 235/75/15's doesn't do terribly but it's still 0-60 in 15min haha.

#7 redloyale

redloyale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Happy Valley ,Oregon

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:10 PM

Is his 3 speed?

where do I find his build?

#8 DaveT

DaveT

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • Colchester

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

I run nothing but EA82 #AT wagons.  The last thing I would do is put tires with bigger diameter on them.

#9 redloyale

redloyale

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Happy Valley ,Oregon

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:44 PM

why do you say this?

#10 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:45 PM

why do you say this?

Automatic transmissions in these are pretty weak.  You will have a hard time pulling hills.  Even with a Weber and 5-Speed i have a hard time with anything other then flat ground with 235s, even then I just keep it in 4th.

#11 DaveT

DaveT

Subaru Nut

• Members
  • 781 posts
  • Colchester

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:38 PM

putting bigger diameter tires - the outside tread diameter, not the rim - is like putting in a higher gear.  Except all your gears are higher.  You get more speed on the flat for the same engine RPM, but in these cars, the engine is just barely enough power as it is... 

#12 dannycisneros

dannycisneros

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Mount Vernon Washington

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

I also have a 3AT but I'm only doing a 2 inch lift. Tryin to buy a set of wheels and going with something like 195/75 or 27s.

#13 Vegablade

Vegablade

Eat, Live, Breath Subaru

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • Concrete WA

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:57 PM

I also have a 3AT but I'm only doing a 2 inch lift. Tryin to buy a set of wheels and going with something like 195/75 or 27s.

I had 27s before my 29s.  It was ok on the flat but definitely had to downshift for the hills in my 5-speed, even with a wever.  You may have a hard time with the tall gears in an automatic even with 27s or 26s.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users