Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new project

ferp420

my girl freind bought a nother car because we where tiered of replacing motors in the 98 outback its burning a qt of oil every 100 miles or so even with ring seal so i get to do what ever i want to it so plan is to strip it down to almost nothing i have a extra set of scout axles and a few transfercases and transmissions laying around so ether slap it on some kind of frame or build a sub frame and 4 link it front and rear it will never see the road again and will just be a toy i hope to have it going in time for the 2016 hammers but that migh not be realistic it will be a long slow build ill post up the leftover parts as i remove them the car is mostly in good shape and i wont be using anything but the dash and unibody and front engine crossmember pics coming soon

• Like 1

thanks guys i think its gona be a fun build it is gona have a back hatch but it will be out of tubing mostly to hold the spare tire unfortunitly i have to put it back in storage till i finish my scout build im at the end just need to wire it and install the cooler lines the radiator hook up all the gauges and since its gona be my tow rig i dont need to put the cart before the horse and besides i need some dom tube for the cage seeing as how i plan to have this rig upside down more than once and a pile of cheap tube for the rest of the rig im ether goma buy a new welder or fix the broken mig welder at the shop or fix the big lincon 220 arc with the hopes of geting beter welds the mig is converted to a low amp 110 arc welder thats very picky as to what brand and type rod used it works but thats about it i cant wait to cut more off and start laying tube and prep the axles un fortunitly i only have dana 30s for the front but i have 3 of them and with the light wait and low powerd suby they should hold up fine considering i wheeled hard with a d30 on the scout with over 400hp and only changed ujoints after every wheelin trip and im planing on running 33s and maybe 35s but only time will tell and i have a bunch of 33s but i would like to run the same tire size on the scout so if need be i could swap tires around and im planing on running 35s on the scout so ill see what money is like once there both up and running

• 4 months later...