Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Brat?

That's cool - we love having people around that are into soobs in other countries. I see questions all the time that go unanswered because we don't have enough people hanging around from places other than the US. It's difficult for us to find information on anything that Subaru did outside the US. Basically we have to talk with people like yourself.

Also - I have to say that your english is quite good for a non native speaker. Better in fact, than some US citizens I have met :lol:

GD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Actually - that's pretty easy. Any aftermarket one from your local parts store, or www.summitracing.com etc should work. You'll just have to figure out where to mount it. They run off the coil signal from the distributor, so a bit of wireing will be needed, but nothing difficult.

Do any Brat's over there have a tachometer (english word for RPM guage)? Our GL model's had them here, but since you don't have the T-tops, it makes me think that all you got was the DL model's. DL's don't have a tach, or an oil pressure guage either. You should install both while your in there. The oil pressure guage sending unit screws into the bottom of the pump. There's a plug in there right now - all you have to do it remove it and install an aftermarket sending unit for whatever guage you buy.....

GD

Damn, I knew this word, but thought it only works for motorcycles :)

Since most of the time I'm out of the country (either in Europe or US), I might try buy it there, not sure where to buy it here....

Never saw tachometer in brats here.. we got only this model like mine, but I will try to find some 1.8 automatic and check it out, maybe they have.

Regarding the installation.. well it is true that I've got some technical skills (for a girl, anyway) but I guess my BF will figure out how to install it in no time.

Thanks for the tip guys!

Oh - it's not stuck. I just drove down the hill actually.....

Here's some video of it that Nick shot:

http://members.dsl-only.net/~sawlid/atlas/atlas0003.wmv

http://members.dsl-only.net/~sawlid/atlas/atlas0004.wmv

As for putting the image in the post, you have to first host the picture somewhere on a server that the board can access. Then you just hit the little "picture" icon on the post form and give it the address of the image. That picture above was taken by Nicky Nighteyes (another board member), and he posted it to his web page. I just went there, right clicked on the image and selected properties - grabbed the address, and stuck that in my post so it would resolve to the image you see above.

GD

Well. u might be interested in this:

There are 2 brats for sell in this weekend newspaper

one is 1994 - the guy wants about 3K for it, but I guess it is negotiable. (common price for a brat in a good condition here in Israel is around 2500$ or even less)

The second one is 1991 - and got no price (also it is closed in the back, if u know what I mean... not sure if this convertion is popular in the US as well)

anyone interesting in me getting more details?

Stock tires here for a Brat is 185/70r13

Could you take a picture of the rear end of your Brat? I know in Austrailia they don't really have rear bumpers, but instead have two "bumperlets" on each end. It's kinda interesting.

GD

This is how it looks on mine. It used to have long rear bumper if I am not mistaken, but not anymore...

2 bad pics can only be 50KB :(

post-4383-136027592856_thumb.jpg

post-4383-136027592859_thumb.jpg

Hmm, now that we all know you are of the female persuasion, you will probably get more replies :cool: And I'm not replying because of that, I'm married. The rear gate of your Brat is unique becuase its in good condition, and you have alot of stickers on it. There is another girl on the board (Blue Soob) that used to have a EA82 Wagon that was completly covered on the back with stickers. Must be a girl thing?

I heard that there are alot of Peugeuot cars there also. The 1980's 505's and I think some 506's (NOT metric) Alloy and Steel wheels will fit your Brat. Depending on the tire size you use, it will increase your ground clearance, and look real spiffy too.

You can send pics to GD or me, or some others on this board that have server space, and we can post full size pics if you want.

I dont know why they would leave the center out of a bumper like that :confused: Some of the import pick ups here dont come with a rear bumper either, you have to purchase it when you buy the truck, but our Brats always had the full bumper.

YES! Just like that. Interesting that you also got the weird bumperlets..... I wouldn't mind aquireing a set of those as they were not produced for the US market. Probably some silly law that they had to come with a bumper to pass inspection here. We have strange laws - for example you can drive with no windsheild, but you must have wipers....

What do you mean by "closed in the back"..... I'm not getting a mental image of what you're describing - do you mean it has a camper top on the back? Commonly refered to as a "topper" or "camper shell" or just "truck cap" here in the US. Confusing isn't it?

If you would like to host some bigger images of your Brat, and other interesting subaru's from Isreal, you should get an account with the USMB photo gallery. That would allow you to do what I did above, and post bigger pictures etc. Besides that, you will soon run out of attachments as the board only allows a certain quantity for non-donor's. The gallery logins are free - you just have to contact SubaruJunkie for a login, and then you can post pics there, and also link them to your posts here....

GD

"I heard that there are alot of Peugeuot cars there also. The 1980's 505's and I think some 506's" --> There used to be quite a lot of these here, but not anymore. It is very rare to see them on the road these days....

"What do you mean by "closed in the back"..... I'm not getting a mental image of what you're describing - do you mean it has a camper top on the back? Commonly refered to as a "topper" or "camper shell" or just "truck cap" here in the US" --> I guess we mean the same (my lousy english again), camper top, but as far as I know these were made here in Israel, so I am not sure u have the same there in the US. I had one originaly on my brat when I bought it (this is how 80% of the brats are here in Israel) but I got rid of it, not before I spent 2 month looking for that rear gate...

I will go out soon for a pizza, I will take my digital camera with me, and if I'll spot any brat with a top, I'll get a picture for u guys. :)

Pizza, anyone?

It's funny guys I'm here on the board for at least a year and a half and telling you all about subarus in Israel and I never got that many replays!! :)

Any way nice to meet you Rinat (see I knew she is a girl by her name!) I always love to see a Female drives a Brat in Israel and you should see the looks on people over here when they see my girlfriend drives my car! they are shocked

The intresting thing over here that for most parts especially body part we have it plentfully and cheap! also engine parts (I got a dual carb and exhaust ports ea81 engine + a spare dual manifold and carbs on it) and we have a special dealership that brings that stuff from Japan all the time!! the dealerships over here have special relationship (I hope I spelled it right ;) with the Japanis dealers!

Any way this is some pictures of my car and I'm gonna start a thread on the meet-greet area about the Subaru - Israel story

pics : http://community.webshots.com/user/israbrat

Roi

94 dl Brat - 14 inched, dual carbed and ported , accel coiled and wiered, 5spd tranny and lift sitting here just waitng to get in! roiziss@hotmail.co.il

I remember seeing those a couple of those campers on Brats around Elat. Had one of those WTF! effects. Never saw a grabber green Brat though.

If you really want to get some Pueg wheels, then you want to get into Sharm El Sheik, Sinia, Egypt. over 90% of the cars in the area are 505 Pueg's.

As for parts, if any of you come across some taillights, then there will be some interested party's here in the states, I know myself for one would be interested in at least one set of good taillights. As I just got a new Brat (new to me) and one tailight is melted, and the other shattered. And finding replacements over here is getting really hard.