Ultimate Subaru Message Board

EA82 EGR delete

You may find a plug that fits the egr oprt on the head, otherwise, vut the hose and crimp it over. The EGR cab be blocked off as a plate. Perhaps the EGR is plugged, whuch would on its own accomplish the same as being blocked off. 
The solenoids are just there, leave them plugged in so the ECU sees them.

whOA ! Hold the bus !!

How much better does it go now , with EGR deleted ?

A thorough tune and carby overhaul would be a good start. Amazing what a new acc pump diaphragm does for the old things.

New timing belts and tensioner kit ? Tight belts pull the cam back in tune with the crank. I found I pulled my powwer band down the rev range about 500 rpm with new belts, not as willing up top end, but better torque down low.

I ended up leaving the solenoid sand just plugging the vac hoses Coming off the EGR with old bolts and hose clamps. Thanks for the info! Does anyone have any more ideas on basic modifications to help out this ea82?

Weber. My EA-82 is a whole new animal after the carb swap... it actually has power now and makes me smile! :)

• Like 1

the actual path the exhaust gases take is all in the manifold.  if your EGR is leaking exhaust into the manifold then plugging the hoses won't help, you need a block off plate of some sort.  I only mention this if your actually attempting to find an issue, if the car runs fine and you just want to remove the EGR then plugging the holes will do it.