Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New to Subarus!

Hey guys, 

New to the subarus, Ive been very interested in a used 2007 Legacy limited. Its a 1 owner car with 174900 miles. BUT you couldn't tell by looking at it. Very clean inside and out. What are some things I need to pay close attention to on this future purchase. I did drive it today, the only thing I noticed is when you turn the wheel either direction I have some sort of vibration coming from the front end. Now I know in most 4X4 not AWD...when its engaged the front wheels will not turn all the way with out giving you some noise. Is this common in the subarus? due to the awe? 

I have no interest in modding the car yet, just wanna get in and drive. What should I be on the look out for?? 

THanks, 

Welcome to the USMB.

I would see if you can get any maintenance records with the mileage being what it is.  You should not have a vibration with the AWD system when you turn the wheel.  I would check the CV axles to see if the boots are torn.  Is it an automatic or manual transmission?

If you don't get a lot of responses you may also want to post in the new gen forum.