Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru XV off-road pictures thread!

AWDfreak

Man those pics are great! I swear I was gonna start a thread...I'm a truck driver and I'm always scoping areas out. I found this place here in NJ and at first I thought "this would be cool to make a video of my R/C car"..then as I drove around it--it's HUGE. Big hills that look like they were made by bulldozers years ago and now have weeds growing on them, tons of muddy puddles and gravel..the best part is that it's flat and open, it's not like I'm treading on anything where animals might need. 

I was gonna do it this Sat 9/13 and even set up my gopro but I ended up having some errands I gotta run. Soon though..I CAN'T WAIT to get mine off road and in a few months, back in the snow!

Bout time I saw someone take one of these for an offroad romp. When I was in oregon, I parked next to one and while the bumpers stick out a bit more, the rear diff hangs at almost exactly the same height as my lifted impreza. They seem like very capable trail rigs.

Looks like fun!

The XV is surprisingly capable. However, without the center LSD and VDC to band-aid the open front and rear diffs, it wouldn't be so capable.

It has the shortest wheelbase compared to its other off-road Subaru siblings (Forester, Outback, Tribeca, etc), but somehow the Forester has a better breakover angle. The Forester also has better approach angle, departure angle, and with X-MODE, VDC is better-tuned to take on rough terrain and loose conditions.

Man those pics are great! I swear I was gonna start a thread...I'm a truck driver and I'm always scoping areas out. I found this place here in NJ and at first I thought "this would be cool to make a video of my R/C car"..then as I drove around it--it's HUGE. Big hills that look like they were made by bulldozers years ago and now have weeds growing on them, tons of muddy puddles and gravel..the best part is that it's flat and open, it's not like I'm treading on anything where animals might need. 

I was gonna do it this Sat 9/13 and even set up my gopro but I ended up having some errands I gotta run. Soon though..I CAN'T WAIT to get mine off road and in a few months, back in the snow!

It's great that someone else is gonna post some XV off-road pics! Please post them when you get around to it!

Speaking of which...

Once wasn't enough, so I went to Prairie City, AGAIN!

lhRj8DG.jpg

7S4Hbyd.jpg

uY7TIVF.jpg

2zizdEH.jpg

Z3HFSJJ.jpg

uqPuI2B.jpg

ugRUUEZ.jpg

ePaxVSt.jpg

ZfNMYID.jpg

IawvqbJ.jpg

YLUTFBO.jpg

mTRR13l.jpg

5PF4v3N.jpg

qmwVl25.jpg

B6pvEgs.jpg

• 3 months later...

Has anyone taken their XV on the beach? My Dad & Stepmother own an Outback & have taken it on the beaches in the Outer Banks, so I know it's a possibility, but I haven't heard about anyone taking a Crosstrek on the sand.

Beyond snow use, that's where mine is going to be getting a workout. My family owns a rental unit near Hatteras, so the wife & I spend considerable time down there & I'd love to be able to still access the remote beaches we used to go to in my old Jeep.