Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Went to the dealer to pick up some parts today. Afterwards I strolled the lot looking at the new models. Of course a saleman started pointing out all the benefits of buying a new car. I was sincere about not being in the market. Since it was slow he suggested we take a WRX out for a spin.

I wish I hadn't. Even though I only put 5 miles on it up the street and back, all I can say is: Wow!! Then he showed me the STi. (Sadly no test drive.) If I said I wasn't a little bummed driving my Legacy home I'd be lying.

If that salesman had not been wearing a hat and a long coat maybe you would have seen two small stuby horns on the front of his head and a long red pointed tail between his legs. 347.gif Anyway, you probably know what is the best way of getting rid of that kind of temptation. [/url] You could do it with money or with religion. In my case, I admit I lack both righ now 10_12_8.gif

I have all old subies but I have wanted a WRX ever since he relayed to me that him and his brother had gotten his bro's up to 140 on RT 128 at 2 am. The car was bone stock, and they said that it started to "float" as it got up above 130. A non sporty looking sedan that kicks but in the snow and does 140 on pavement? I want really bad :slobber:

after driving a WRX, go drive a forrester XT with a 5spd, then an STi, ... after that, you wont want a stock WRX anymore!

personally, I would buy the Forrester XT over the STi! (well, its really a toss up there, but the XT is more comfortable, for almost the same performance) :brow:

if you wonder how I know about these? well.... it has to do with my job! I will let you guys know how the new turbo legacys are when they unload them from the truck (estimated next month for us, and then i will take one for a spin)