Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Member - First Subaru

Hi all, I'm Andy currently living in Milwaukee, WI but originally from Rosemount, MN. I just picked up my first Subaru, an 01 Forester L with 200K. Here's a few pics I snapped of her after putting her on the lift for a quick shakedown.

66171362-7d9d-4882-a149-0398485bd671_zpse216da22.jpg

7f6bdccc-ed96-4372-bb05-ccad91354ebf_zpsd7ee5efc.jpg

So far I've replaced the rear struts, refreshed the brakes with pads and rotors in the front and shoes in the rear, and also put on a new set of tires. There are a few more little things to address on her but for the most part all is well. Only concern I have is to my knowledge the head gaskets haven't been replaced so I'll have to keep an eye on that.

Cosmetically she is pretty clean only a few minor spots of surface rust. I do plan to repaint the wheels as 2 of them are showing their age. The interior is spotless, probably will get a new stereo, speakers, and a small sub in the next month or so.

A little about me: I'm 22, a student at Milwaukee School of Engineering pursuing a degree in Construction Management. I've been brought up as a gearhead, my uncle owns a shop and I started spending my Saturdays there around the age of 13 lending a hand where I could. I'm into pretty much anything outdoors with a motor, my fleet currently includes an 82 Honda GL500, 94 Yamaha Big Bear. and a 17ft Larson runabout.

Thanks for the read, 

Andy