Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL Wagon Hatchback Shocks or "gas stays" Help

Only ordered 1 ?     I'm pretty sure they don't come 2 per pack.   Although, some brands may.   I wish they all did.

Ya, I got scared off when I priced them at my local auto parts store for $30 each.   So, I opted for the same brand/part # from RA.

And of course ordered a bunch of other parts to spread the shipping cost over a bunch of parts.

Good luck.   Enjoy fixing up your '84 EA81 Wagon.  How many miles on it?

ok so I found out that Oreillys is actually $25 per one instead of $30 per one. Also found out that, shipping included, it would cost me $26 to order from RockAuto. So it is actually a slightly better deal to get them from Oreillys. (only one dollar I know but hey, it adds up  B) )

Also, when you order from RA, check other items you may need in the future.   If the 2nd part you want to order has the little truck icon, then that part will ship from the same facility as the first part you ordered.   Thus, spreading your shipping cost out.

Careful... it's easy to get carried away.   But it is nice having an inventory of parts in your garage.   Pads, shoes, spring sets, caps, rotors, wheel bearings, seals, belts, bulbs.

I think I paid $11 each for my lift supports for my Hatchie.   Must have been on closeout.