Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Subaru Brumby Replacement Bushes Advice

Gday all. it has come to my attention at last rego check that pretty much all of the bushes in the rear of my 1992 Brumby/Brat are worn out and need replacement.

I work in spare parts and I have ordered rear control arm bushes, mustache bar bushes and a diff mount bush through my supplier three times now and they still havnt sent me the right ones, both times theyve either been different crush tube sizes or different external size. I believe they keep sending me L series bushes, not MY Brumby bushes, supplier claims my 1992 Brumby doesnt exist.

Has anyone ever had any dramas finding the correct polyurathane bushes from Superpro, Nolathane, Whiteline etc? Also with the diff mount bush, a solid rubber replacement to me at cost price was $80au which seems a little steep.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks guys :)

Don't bother showing them your VIN plate. Don't worry, 92 exist in my fantasy world too - got one :)

You work in spare parts, car parts ? If so, you'd be used to that sort of confusion. Send me a PM and I'll give you a contact that knows his stuff, in central NSW - Riverina district

You all suck to have Brats until 94! Just kidding but we can be jealous as 87 was the last year for the US. Which is what I have. I think what some of our US friends are saying is that when in the US you try to get parts for a Brat you are better off looking for parts for an 84. This eliminates the confusion with EA82 parts that so many parts places will cross reference by mistake. Been through it a few times myself.  Sounds as if it may be the same problem world wide.

• Like 1

The mustache bar bushes are still available at least in the states from dealerships, like suggested before, you might want to try asking for an earlier year model, like an 84. The trailing arm bushings are no longer available here, but I used front control arm bushings and they fit just fine. They are all over ebay, and maybe from the dealership too.

Thanks for all the advice guys, ive sourced most of them now through a mate who works for Kmart Tyre and Auto in Brisbane, looks like their superpro catalogue is a bit differerent to ours. Hopefully get it sorted as soon as my wheel bearings are done. Should be good again to not feel the rear diff rocking around under the tray when I corner.