Ultimate Subaru Message Board

92 Loyale Battled a Camry :(

I would have someone put that on a frame machine and take some measurments. If the suspension isn't tweaked than a come along and tree will pull that out good enough to put some used parts on it and get it back on the road.

It may look like the frame is good but it might be out enough that you cant see and it seems to drive ok but it will have an large appetite for tire tread.

It'll probably never be what it was before, but I'm not too worried about the tire eating monster she'll be.

Does anyone know how to get the damn bumper off? I saw another thread that says its "easily accessed" through the engine compartment, but I've found the bolts and I can't reach them on either side.

Edited by pheebs314

The crunched side will be next to impossible to get the bolts off.

You'll need the correct tools and maybe tweak the A/C lines a bit to get passed them

But basically, I'd be cutting the bumper off from in front of the rad support first. It's already toast.

Just don't stand too close when you're almost finished cutting through one side. It's probably under some pressure and will want to spring back

I might be able to get to the bolts on the passenger side without the radiator, but I think the wagonist is right and I'll need to cut the driver side then pull the bolts later.

Anybody in my area able to give me a hang with the cutting? I definitely don't have any way to do that. Still looking for a winch to pull that rail straight too. Overall its looking like only the top and the first 8 inches or so that are even tweaked.

Good news is I can get my hand in and touch the bolts on the passenger side. Bad news is I'm not sure how to get any kind of wrench in there. :/

I guess I'll cut it off (if I can find someone with the right equipment) and then remove the bolts. But I'm not sure how I'll get the one off at the pick n pull if I can't get a wrench in there.

• Like 1

I remember taking the bumper off was a pain. On the unaffected pass. Side it sucked, and on the damaged driver's side it was nearly impossible, because of the battery tray. I seem to remember taking the bolts off from the OUTSIDE, not under the hood. I do know I got them all with box wrenches. Not fun.

I remember taking the bumper off was a pain. On the unaffected pass. Side it sucked, and on the damaged driver's side it was nearly impossible, because of the battery tray. I seem to remember taking the bolts off from the OUTSIDE, not under the hood. I do know I got them all with box wrenches. Not fun.

Aren't the nuts welded to the bumper?  Did you just break them off?  I have removed my front bumper multiple times, its pretty easy, 4 bolts and the blinker connectors and done.  Then again mine has no AC, or PS.

Aren't the nuts welded to the bumper? Did you just break them off? I have removed my front bumper multiple times, its pretty easy, 4 bolts and the blinker connectors and done. Then again mine has no AC, or PS.

The nuts are welded but you can still just undo the bolts. I just can't reach mine with any tools. The driver side is smashed so that's why but the passenger side is just inconvenient.

Yeah once you get that inner fender ratcheted out you'll be able to get to what you need to. Don't cut it out, that's all relatively easily straightened.

Yea. That's what I'm thinking. Especially since its all in the front 8 inches or so. I've been asking around. Just waiting to find a come along. I'm sure someone I know has one.

Yeah once you get that inner fender ratcheted out you'll be able to get to what you need to. Don't cut it out, that's all relatively easily straightened.

Yea. That's what I'm thinking. Especially since its all in the front 8 inches or so. I've been asking around. Just waiting to find a come along. I'm sure someone I know has one.

Using the come along you may want to consider pulling things as straight as you can BEFORE you take any of the dented parts off.  You won't have to worry about the damage you do to the old parts when you pull on them and this may do two things for you. 

1 bring the body parts mount points back closer to their correct position

2 open up the access to the bolts needed to remove the damaged parts.

• Like 1