Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Two Soob Sundae

So I've had a 91 2wd3at Loyale for about 2 years now, started with around 113k miles, and in pretty decent shape aside form the typical loyale issues (oil leaks, vacuum leaks etc).

Right around 3 months ago i accquired an 88 DL 4wd D/R 5spd for the modest price of $250, and it had 296k on it, and ran ROUGHLY! Leaks everywhere including the exhaust, and it was used as a handyman work truck.. A few months ago my Loyale crapped out on me after getting a bath, and I had to drive the DL, which was a blessing that it ran at all.
That little beater has gotten me here there and everywhere with very little issue at all.
Well this weekend was the first opportunity I've had in a long time to do car work, and lo and behold, I got the Loyale up and running, and nicely!
There are still a few leaks to address, but I redid the timing belts, front seal, oil pump seal, cam seals distributor cap and seal, and now she's all better!
It ended up that i shorted out the dist cap, and the inside was melted on #1 point.
All that I have left to seal are the oil pan, and various small seals like the throttle body.
Anyways, here they are side by side, happy as clams.

post-48231-0-00669800-1411337850_thumb.jpg

post-48231-0-46516800-1411337851_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've lifted the rear with suspension, and I plan on lifting the front before I swap in the 4wd from the DL. I bought the DL as a parts car for the 4wd system and various other things like spare engine. It just so happens that it runs well enough that I wasn't stranded while the Loyale was out.

For clarification, I will be lifting the rear 2 more inches, then suspension and 2 inch lift in the front.  That's a total 4 inch lift.
I'll do this before the swap because I know I'll be installing blocks to lower the diff and engine as i've seen around here.
Then I'll have to drill out the hubs to accept 6 lug wheels. Nothing too crazy for size though.