Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Advice welcome! HELP! Subaru Libarty LX Wagon Probs

Hi fellow Subaru owners….just looking to some friendly advice.

New to the Subi, had Holdens Fords, Mazdas, Nissan in the past.  Know and done some work on my own cars, not overly familiar with the boxster motor etc..  Bought a 2nd hand older model 95 LX AWD wagon when I relocated Tas 3 months ago. 

Cut a long story short I have trouble, and am not sure if its worth outlaying more cash to find a problem.

Intermittent probs

1.      Fuel gauge is inaccurate, uses a fuel tank in less than 220kms, but when I fill it up only takes 33-35 litres? Am guessing the fuel sender unit is buggered? Previous owner says the fuel pump has been replaced.

2.      It also has a bad smell of fresh fuel from inside the car but intermittently.  Replaced the fuel filter, oil filter, oil etc

3.      Then replaced CV and Steering rack boot covers,and bushes inside rack and wheel alignment as it was bump steering and pulling me off the road over bumps on road

Blinkers shorting out sometimes, don’t work or click fast (intermittently (mild problem))

Then the last 3 weeks, won’t go into 3rd, whirring noise,  replaced with brand new clutch $$$$$, and an oxygen sensor.. BUT NOW . it shudders when taking foot off clutch, severely, car dies right back to zero revs on clutch pedal in almost to stalling point,  and then swerves back up to 1000,

Then now the CHECK ENGINE light comes on, and  car surges like it is missing fuel then getting too much… noisy, now rough so Im faced with two dilemmas

I have also been aware that after replacing the clutch that it wasnt' the problem, it’s the ‘syncro’s in the gearbox’…arhhh!!!

Is also due for rego again soon, and four new tyres… so am not sure.. how much money I can outlay at the moment, currently tightbudget
(studying)

It has done quite a few thousand K’s btu I have been told
these are great cars if you keep up the maintenance, its very tidy inside.   Fear of buying an even worse lemon, I like the car and was hoping to keep it!! Any insights? uch appreciated... Sonia :)