Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Recently tried to re-work a loose rearview mirror on my MIL's Forrester. This thing had been hit or pulled-off before and a different family member tried to fix it. I THINK there is a plate stripped out in the mount adhered to the windshield. Looks like it could slide or pop out for replacement. Opposed forces may not have a diagram for this but I admit I just may not understand what top-tier heading it would be under.

kinda like to have the part number for that plate and also the 2 screws that go into it. I suspect it is built to disengage easily in an impact. I managed to get it re-mounted with some aluminum foil wrapped around the screw's threads and some tread locker - but it felt like only one screw is 'biting' so - I want to be prepared to do it correctly.

any help with links to diagrams/part numbers appreciated.

must have been a common problem, I found this;

NUMBER: 15-167-13R

PART INFORMATION

A new Service Kit has been released for this type of repair. Part Number H501SSA042 contains all

the mounting hardware necessary to complete the vast majority of these repairs. The kit includes a

newly designed cam plate, spring, and two mounting screws.

Please note that Mirror Mount Adapter PN H501SSA041 (replaces H501SSA040) now includes

this new service kit in the rare event that the Mount Adapter requires replacement or when initially

installing an accessory mirror on the above listed vehicle applications. The new Service Kit

H501SSA042 contents are pictured below.

Steve

ASE Master Tech

Subaru Tech

98 Forester ******