Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Plastic EA-EJ adapter plate?

Uberoo

No one looked at the phenolic link? You'd think phenolic would take the temp and chemical environment. Not sure if it would save much weight, got to agree there are easier ways to do that. I wonder too if the bellhousing heat is being overstated? Got no science behind that, just throwing it out there.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.I have the plastic sheet on order and it should be here soon.Either way this turns out I am curious in the result.Now to figure out how to layout the location of the holes perfectly.

Edited by Uberoo

Hey bud, I need your 'permission' to view the google docs. What did you find for any temps you might encounter and the limits of what you're working with? Kind of thinking a partial melt and shift could be really really ugly. 

What is the initial material size prior to cutting this part? 12"x18" for example, what am I starting with?

I heard it was something like 20x20.But google docs? they are simple jpegs and an excel spreadsheet. weird.

Ive been hearing conflicting things about hdpe or any of the various plastics.Some say that HDPE gets soft at 180*F and melts at 250*F,While others say it melts at 180*F.Various stuff like that..

I can get the aluminum EA/EJ addapter plates for 100$ untapped. Pm me. It's worth your time to just buy one.

Plastic isn't hard enough and won't last long enough with the heat I would say.

Prwa

. Hi prwa, I'm in Australia . Know of any adaptor suppliers over here. If not how can I source one from you?.Barty

Hey Barty, you can email me here and we can figure something out for you! Prwa101@gmail.com i can ship to Ausi but it may be a little costly (ofcourse i havnt gotten a quote yet) and if you knew other people over there to make a larger order that would cut down on cost for shipment. 

PRWA

• 2 weeks later...

Just let me know and im sure i could send you this one pretty fast. My old mock up, fits perfect! Prolly will need to be super glued together because i had to print it in sections. But still it proolly will hold up 

582818_3394136811217_2054365963_n.jpg?oh

555581_3402960391801_1855744106_n.jpg?oh

Edited by Prwa101

So it seems that the best course of action right now is have the upper holes on my old steel adapter plate milled out by the local college,my money more or less evaporated after loosing a job and buying a new phone. :(. Oh well, Ive gotten used to doing things on the cheap.