Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Driving Lights

does anyone reccomend some good rectangler driving lights for my car. i am running some off-road 100watt lights now and are a little too bright since everyone i drive past flashes me.

and can you post pictures of what they look like on your car. and the price, im looking for something under $50.

Thanks,

Shean

Could you put 55w bulbs in them? You'll loose some light output, but at least you won't have people flashing their lights at you.

I personally run my fog lamp on with my headlights. Then, when the road is clear, I hit the hi-beams and they kick on my driving lights. Yes, I'm a sight going down the road at night! :brow:

Another thing to try is the Silvainia (sp?) SilverStar lamps. I have them on mine and they make a world of differance.

Running your driving lights with traffic? I donno about that one. 200w pointing into on-comming traffic is just not very bright! :grin:

Try different aiming angles, methods. I've set some on some on my previous vehicles, so that the beams actually cross each other. DS one lighting up the PS of road, PS one lighting the DS of the road. May/may not help, but it's an easy try.

Around here you're askin' for a ticket if you don't have covers on 'em. They're not legal for street are they? Why would you need those on the street anyway? Are you partially blind or something?;) Just kidding. That can be pretty dangerous for the oncoming traffic though. Getting blinded by someones brights is bad enough, let alone some 100w'ers. You probably see a lot of middle fingers, huh?:lol:

Finally got some pics shot:

http://usmb.net/gallery/album248

My dad had them for a few years before he gave them to me. so, I'm not quite sure how much he spent on them.:o

Fogs are attatched to the parking light switch and the driving lights are attatched to the Hi-beam switch. I also can turn on just the driving lights, but that's only for aiming them.:grin: