Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this site, read many of the posts, and found it fascinating!

I am Subaru BRAT veteran because I've had 4 in my lifetime. I was in agriculture and bought my

BRAT in 1982. The work was so rough, I ran 3 of them into the ground. When I retired, I decided

to get myself a keeper.

I went on ebay (!!) and found a nice one in Colorado in 2004. The owner had restored it, then decided to sell it. Lucky me! I paid $4650, spent another $585 having it shipped out here to Los Angeles by carrier transport. Then I had it repainted because I didn't like the colors, and had a decal  company make me a new decal.

Years ago, I owned a ferret. My pet was energetic, got into everything, was fun to play with, etc. Well, my BRAT reminded me of my ferret. So I decided to get a decal that said FERRET. Now, I have the only Subaru Ferret in the world! It's an apt name! When I take it to a Subaru dealer, it draws a crowd. When was the last time you have seen a nice BRAT on the road? I just get really excited to see a pristine BRAT!

Since it doesn't have air bags, I don't take it out that often...maybe once every two months. For a couple of years after I bought it, it ran sluggish and I could never figure out why. Then I took it to an old Subaru mechanic...he used to sell BRATS at his dealership and he knew them inside and out! He gave me a tuneup, then told me that it has 2 fuel filters. They were both full of water! After he changed them, it ran like a charm!

post-55112-0-06546900-1412117572_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brattyferret
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon this site, read many of the posts, and found it fascinating!

I am Subaru BRAT veteran because I've had 4 in my lifetime. I was in agriculture and bought my

BRAT in 1982. The work was so rough, I ran 3 of them into the ground. When I retired, I decided

to get myself a keeper.

I went on ebay (!!) and found a nice one in Colorado in 2004. The owner had restored it, then decided to sell it. Lucky me! I paid $4650, spent another $585 having it shipped out here to Los Angeles by carrier transport. Then I had it repainted because I didn't like the colors, and had a decal  company make me a new decal.

Years ago, I owned a ferret. My pet was energetic, got into everything, was fun to play with, etc. Well, my BRAT reminded me of my ferret. So I decided to get a decal that said FERRET. Now, I have the only Subaru Ferret in the world! It's an apt name! When I take it to a Subaru dealer, it draws a crowd. When was the last time you have seen a nice BRAT on the road? I just get really excited to see a pristine BRAT!

Since it doesn't have air bags, I don't take it out that often...maybe once every two months. For a couple of years after I bought it, it ran sluggish and I could never figure out why. Then I took it to an old Subaru mechanic...he used to sell BRATS at his dealership and he knew them inside and out! He gave me a tuneup, then told me that it has 2 fuel filters. They were both full of water! After he changed them, it ran like a charm!

I love it!!! Beautiful Bra t!  Beautiful blue! - and I LOVE the Ferret decal !! Super Cool, original, and unique !

You are a credit to the phenomana of the Brat !

Edited by Subaruist