Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New Lifted Wagon at Walker Valley

tedbull

Hey Guys, So I recently finished building my 1990 loyale into a wheeler. Reid and his Dad helped with lifting my wagon. A big thanks to both of them for the help. It has 6" SJR  suspension drops ront and rear. Home built "BJ"  4" drops everywhere else with rock sliders and bracing. Swapped in a 5 speed dual range. Welded the rear diff. 15" Peugeot wheels with 235/75/R15 Maxxis BigHorn tires (29"). Original 1.8 engine.

I took it out on the trail for the first time this last weekend. Reid and I went to walker valley. It was a good time and cannot wait to do it again. Here is some footage. 

Edited by tedbull
  • Like 1

It looks like your riding the clutch a bit.Let off the clutch and let the torque of the car carry it over things.If it starts to bog out then give it more throttle,With a good battery and starter sometimes it is easier to let it stall out.

Also as Zap said, it doesn't have alot of travel, are the sway bars still hooked up?

And finally, when ever possible try to put the tires on rocks,stumps,whatever rather than straddle the same thing because usually the rock,stump,whatever, has more traction than the dirt and it also lifts the body clear of things that might snag it.Although sometimes it takes more effort to climb the obstacle than just run it over...

Edited by Uberoo

It looks like your riding the clutch a bit.Let off the clutch and let the torque of the car carry it over things.If it starts to bog out then give it more throttle,With a good battery and starter sometimes it is easier to let it stall out.

I agree.  I see clutch replacement in you're future.  Clutch should be like an on/off switch not a dimmer ;)