Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, my lurker friend!

Welcome to Ultimate Subaru Message Board, an unparalleled Subaru community full of the greatest Subaru gurus and modders on the planet! We offer technical information and discussion about all things Subaru, the best and most popular all wheel drive vehicles ever created.

We offer all this information for free to everyone, even lurkers like you! All we ask in return is that you sign up and give back some of what you get out - without our awesome registered users none of this would be possible! Plus, you get way more great stuff as a member! Lurk to lose, participate to WIN*!
  • Say hello and join the conversation
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Classifieds with all sorts of Subaru goodies
  • Photo hosting in our gallery
  • Meet other cool people with cool cars
Seriously, what are you waiting for? Make your life more fulfilling and join today! You and your Subaru won't regret it, we guarantee** it.

* The joy of participation and being generally awesome constitutes winning
** Not an actual guarantee, but seriously, you probably won't regret it!

Serving the Subaru Community since May 18th, 1998!

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

1986 Gl

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JLDT

JLDT

USMB Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Everson

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:24 PM

Hey - I am having a bit of difficulty with my subaru - it is kind of an interesting machine, but that is beside the point. I have a rattle of sorts of the right side. First guess is CV but I thought that I would check and see if I was the only one who had run into this problem. I discovered a few weeks ago that I had put about 7000 miles on it with the wheels slightly loose - as in when I had it of the ground and grabbed the top of the wheel it wobbled a bit. Fixed that and though that it might go away - no such luck though. I also tend to only hear the noise whne I have got my wheels turned to the left and it get louder as speed increases - you first hear it about 35 MPH. Any ideas?? I am also trying to find out what engine is in it - don't think it is the original, but records are scarce - anyone know where the serial number is on the engine??

#2 sparkster58

sparkster58

1000+ Super USER!

• Members
  • 1,141 posts
  • Alki-West Seattle

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:09 PM

ummm iam not a pro at this but what about the wheel bearings?
spark.............

#3 Natrboy

Natrboy

New User

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Western Mass

Posted 14 May 2004 - 09:23 PM

Hey JLDT this is no help because I don't know what it is either, but my loyale is doing something similar. My whine happens at around 45 and stops then starts again around 55 then goes away. It might be the bearings. I don't know about a worn CV. My CV boots look fine. But that doesn't mean anything. Hope you figure it out. I will post any info I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users