Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hatch Patrol's Xmas Tree Run, Saturday, December 6

Saturday, December 6,  Greenwater, Forest Road 70.  We'll meet at Mikky D's in Enumclaw at 9:00 a.m. and leave at 9:30 in a group or in groups up Highway 410 to go play in the snow.

You have to have snow tires on your car to join us.  It's a free country,  but if you show up with street tires, you'll get stuck and just piss off the folks behind you that want to keep heading up the trail.    :)

This is a good family fun time.  Leave your asshattery and bad attitude at home.  Kids and friendly dogs welcome.  

Pics of previous runs below.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/topic/141738-hatch-patrols-xmas-tree-run-2013-1207/?hl=%2Bhatch+%2Bpatrol

• 3 weeks later...

What is the deal with cutting a tree (permits and such)?

I forgot to get mine last year, cut a tree down, explained to the rangers I was on my way to get one, headed down the mountain with my tree and got a permit after cutting my tree. You should get yours beforehand it's easy and i think the building is close by. It's only like 10 or 20 bucks 

I've got to choose between the lifted legacy with baddass snow tires, the XV with baddas snow tires, or the Jeep with BADDASS snow tires. . .   Sheesh.   :D

Ok since you brought up the subject, maybe you can help me out. I got a Loyale Sedan (4WD). What is a good inexpensive tire for this that won't make me the one everyone is cursing under their breath because he got stuck on the trail? I am still running the 13" wheels that are stock. I will probably only use these one season as I expect next year it will be lifted with bigger wheels etc. I don't mind dropping good money on good tires if I will have them a while but in this case one season and i will probably be selling them.

Any recommendations?