Ultimate Subaru Message Board

should i buy this?

Skunk:

You might be surprised how easy it would be to get that thing running good again. The old school Japanese stuff made a lot of backyard mechanic types look like geniouses.

Tune up stuff should be easy to come by. The more major parts might be a little more difficult to find depending on where you are located.

I would get a fix on the car before trying to buy it. If its in original condition this is ideal. Just go thru one system at a time. If someone f*cked with it, you may have to backtrack a bit.

It depends on your abilities and diligence. If you have both-go for it.

good luck, John

I'll betcha that car would clean up very nicely, and drive ok once you got the cobwebs out. The carb will probably be your biggest obstacle in getting it to run reliably again.

I'd snag it for any kind of decent price. If the car doesn't work out, you would probably have a long line of derelicts who would be interested in the parts.

good luck, John

caboob, it's a 510 wagon, i think i have some pics if you like.

baja, i have my grill emblem, but no rear (alltho i have a metal 4wd tag form a gen1 brat), and i will be at wcss6, and likely so will my car. it will be RAD!

-mike

oh, i met a guy with gen1 mudflaps(2) that i will prolly get along with some other stuff, in trade for bicycle parts, so we'll see whats in this "good sized" box later this week(taillights, dash stuff, other random gen1 parts). mmmmm stuff:D

-mike